2022 Refresh Order Experience

Ordered my 3.0 in march and built in Mexico in june where it has sat for 3 months. Neither dealer or GM chat seem to have any information. How can they now start building the 2023 when they don't have chips for the 2022? The most frustrating part is that people who ordered after me have received theirs. Not sure if I should skip my price protection and order a 2023 or go to a different brand.

Ordered my 3.0 in march and built in Mexico in june where it has sat for 3 months. Neither dealer or GM chat seem to have any information. How can they now start building the 2023 when they don't have chips for the 2022? The most frustrating part is that people who ordered after me have received theirs. Not sure if I should skip my price protection and order a 2023 or go to a different brand.
Yours and mine must be sitting in the same lot! Mine was built in may and is sitting in Mexico still. Pro tip - I located Mary Barra’s email easily on the web and now have received a call from an escalation team. I was kind in my email but straight forward about how frustrated I am to receive a truck that has rotted in a Mexico parking lot for 3-4 months.

Cancelled my 2022 getting the 2023. The upgrades to the 3.0 are reason enough.

My truck has been sitting for over a week at the rail spur in North Las Vegas, NV waiting to be transported to the dealership in Henderson, NV. Roughly 20 miles from the rail spur to the dealership. The dealership stated that they can’t find a transport truck to bring it to them. Might be there for another 10 days. Talk about frustrating.

just curious if @That 713 Drank or @Lumpy heard any updates? Believe y'all are the ones i'm following along with who's build dates were the same in Mexico.

No updates yet brother. The dealer I ordered from is getting flooded with refresh models tho. Elevations and At4's, couple Denali and they had a Denali ultimate. Very frustrating to drive past but I see why my order went through so quick, these guys are moving units. Saw a hummer EV there as well. Still awaiting shipping from my last update, also waiting for chips from another update. I don't know what to believe anymore.

No updates yet brother. The dealer I ordered from is getting flooded with refresh models tho. Elevations and At4's, couple Denali and they had a Denali ultimate. Very frustrating to drive past but I see why my order went through so quick, these guys are moving units. Saw a hummer EV there as well. Still awaiting shipping from my last update, also waiting for chips from another update. I don't know what to believe anymore.
hearing same story!

just curious if @That 713 Drank or @Lumpy heard any updates? Believe y'all are the ones i'm following along with who's build dates were the same in Mexico.
I think we had the same build week too. Mine is still sitting in Ohio. They’re not saying it’s waiting for chips anymore. They just say awaiting a shipping update. Going on twelve weeks since being built. I did get a call from a resolution team today but doubt that will change anything. I’m really at the point now I don’t want a truck that’s been sitting for twelve weeks.

I think we had the same build week too. Mine is still sitting in Ohio. They’re not saying it’s waiting for chips anymore. They just say awaiting a shipping update. Going on twelve weeks since being built. I did get a call from a resolution team today but doubt that will change anything. I’m really at the point now I don’t want a truck that’s been sitting for twelve weeks.
Haven't spoken to a resolution team, curious as to what they could do.

Haven't spoken to a resolution team, curious as to what they could do.
Honestly, I think they’ll make me think they’re doing something over the course of a few weeks hoping my truck will just eventually ship.

As suggested I tried the email to Mary Barra on Sunday. Today I received a call from the "resolution team." The rep said she will be calling me back weekly until I receive the vehicle. Probably won't make any difference but the weekly communication may be good.

As suggested I tried the email to Mary Barra on Sunday. Today I received a call from the "resolution team." The rep said she will be calling me back weekly until I receive the vehicle. Probably won't make any difference but the weekly communication may be good.
That’s what I was told as well. Probably not doing anything other than making us feel better by thinking they are doing something.

Would you guys be willing to share this e-mail?
Google her name + “GM email” and it’s the first thing that shows up. Probably not a good idea to directly post her email here in the forums.

I tried emailing her this last weekend as well but I never got any form of response from anyone. I put a deposit on an AT4X back in June because the dealership said the truck was showing up as “in transit”, so I jumped on it after my initial order was declined. And so here we are 3 months later, and the truck is still “produced, on hold”.

For anyone who they are saying their truck is in Marion, OH. My truck came off the assembly line June 8th. So I'm on week 12 now of it being built, ordered back in April. I found the place they are staging the GM trucks awaiting chips and gave them a call 8/19. The GM chat run around I am completely done with. The people were very nice and the guy looked up my VIN. They stage the vehicles, get them ready for the dealer and ship them. He said they had about 12,000 trucks that were there, all awaiting a driver side "Power Window Switch". He said mine was in that group. My best guess is not the physical switch but something to make the window operate. He did say guys were in all week plugging away and had a couple thousand done that were getting shipped that following week. He also said they are optimistically hoping all 12k of them will be done and shipped out by the end of September. So I hope this gives some people some insight if they were told that is where their truck is.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back