What did you do to your AT4 today?

Got Big Red back from his first treatment.

Xpel ceramic 80% windshield tint, 30% over the front, 5% everywhere else. Full front facia, hood, headlights, fenders, a pillars, mirror caps and door edges got xpel PPF. He tinted the fogs yellow as well. Looking forward to my next night drive to see the difference.
PXL_20230621_161212432.jpg
PXL_20230621_161226357.jpg

Yes, the Bilsteins are adjustable, but one would have to take the whole thing apart again to adjust them. I think it would be easier to add a 1" block to the rear but then the truck will be even taller. Well, I'll just have to live with it. Live and learn!!! The rear Bilsteins are on the way. ETA about 3 days.
The rear Bilstein 5100s on my Tundra allowed for up to an inch of lift but did not add height by themselves. I ended up putting in heavier shackles which gave me about an inch lift in the rear.

The rear Bilstein 5100s on my Tundra allowed for up to an inch of lift but did not add height by themselves. I ended up putting in heavier shackles which gave me about an inch lift in the rear.
The guy from Bilstein said that the 5100 rear shocks will not raise/lift the rear of the truck thus the need for new blocks.

Shocks normally don't lift. (unless they are adjustable combos like the Bilstein ones for the front)

Why are these 2 of these "what did you do today" threads?

Anyways... Went for my manufacturer "break in" tow today. 500 miles below 50. Made it about 250 before the trailer popped off the ball crossing a bumpy railroad track. 🤬🤬🤬 Not sure how it happened. Is what it is. Thankfully the safety chains held and no one was hurt. Metal can be mended.

PXL_20230628_201406176.MP.jpg
PXL_20230628_204049086.MP.jpg

Why are these 2 of these "what did you do today" threads?

Anyways... Went for my manufacturer "break in" tow today. 500 miles below 50. Made it about 250 before the trailer popped off the ball crossing a bumpy railroad track. 🤬🤬🤬 Not sure how it happened. Is what it is. Thankfully the safety chains held and no one was hurt. Metal can be mended.

View attachment 4281View attachment 4282
If the ball is the correct size for the tongue hitch coupler, the coupler is worn out.

Back