New 2023 AT4X let the mods begin!

Ok, latest mid update. My Range AFM start stop defeat device came into today.
‘Seems it is not compatible with the refreshed 2022s and none of the 2023s .
Glad I bought it off Amazon it at least can be returned for free.

Been studying more exhaust videos tonight.

Ok, latest mid update. My Range AFM start stop defeat device came into today.
‘Seems it is not compatible with the refreshed 2022s and none of the 2023s .
Glad I bought it off Amazon it at least can be returned for free.

Been studying more exhaust videos tonight.

Too bad the Range AFM device didn't work. Doesn't seem there is much of anything, if anything, that works as far as tuning, AFM off, etc devices for these refreshed trucks yet.

Yeah, I hear you on the muffler delete - very tempting. I do think there will be drone with the muffler delete though. And for me, it is just a little too loud for my tastes and needs (wife, kids, etc). I also drive a 1000 mile trip to Nebraska from Montana several times a year and don't want bad drone during those trips. Have also read that while towing, the drone is bad too on just a delete.

All of which is why I think I will do the Magnaflow muffler swap first. Give it a few months for final break in of the Magnaflow. In the YT clips I have heard, the Magnaflow was about what I want the truck to sound like for my personal needs and tastes. Will probably only cost $100 for the Magnaflow muffler, so not much more than the delete.

When you delete yours, please post sound clips and your experience with drone. Very interested in your experience with the delete.

Also if you find a fix for your TPMS sensor issue, please post that also. I will do the same on my end on both the muffler and TPMS issue if I have any updates.
I found a video clip of the setup i think your talking about.
Check it out.

I think your right, might be best to put some sort of drone canceling muffler in there rather then just a muffler delete.
‘I am a Corsa guy, so I ordered Corsa pro series muffler from Summit racing tonight. Supposed to be here by Thursday my muffler shop appointment is setup for Friday morning. What are your thoughts on the flapper, keep it or delete it?
part number CSE-CP300CT
1675736708097.jpeg

Too bad the Range AFM device didn't work. Doesn't seem there is much of anything, if anything, that works as far as tuning, AFM off, etc devices for these refreshed trucks yet.
Yea, I have been pushing that dang cancel button now for 3 days, already sick of trying to remember to shut that blasted start stop crap off.
I had a range plug in start stop defete device on my 2021, worked great, only time it didn’t work was if the low fuel light was on and it would go ahead and shut off at stop lights.

Went back to the tire shop tonight order 305/65R18 Falken Wild peaks, it will keep the 305 width I have on it now but bump the size back up a couple tenths over stock. I hate going with load range E tires on a 1/2 ton, they are so heavy and pointless, plus tend to ride a little harsher, but pretty much anything in either that 295/70R18 OR 305/65R18 are all load range E 10 ply tires with some that are 12 ply load range F.
Since I can’t change my grill, I ordered some solid Black fuel covert rims, same rims I have on it now only solid black.
Tomorrow back to sorting out the 2023 TPMS issue. The tire dealer said they found something indicating they needed to update there TPMS Tools to be able to work on the 2023. They were looking into getting what they needed ordered.
Tomorrow I getting with my dealer to get some oe sensors for a 2023 truck. If that’s a bust we will have to rob the sensors from the Oem Rims.

1675737599568.jpeg

1675737791565.jpeg

1675737819264.jpeg

I found a video clip of the setup i think your talking about.
Check it out.

I think your right, might be best to put some sort of drone canceling muffler in there rather then just a muffler delete.
‘I am a Corsa guy, so I ordered Corsa pro series muffler from Summit racing tonight. Supposed to be here by Thursday my muffler shop appointment is setup for Friday morning. What are your thoughts on the flapper, keep it or delete it?
part number CSE-CP300CT
View attachment 2817

Nice! Yeah, I watched that YT video. It sounds really good to me.

I do think a muffler swap is the best option. Really depends on the tone and sound one wants. There are lots of choices to choose from, so watching a bunch of YT videos of these trucks with different set ups for mufflers is the best bet in choosing.

Let us know how it sounds when you are done! I'm going to my muffler shop to see about ordering a Magnaflow tomorrrow. I could do the work myself, but it really isn't worth my time to do it. I won't cost much to have it done.

I will probably keep my flapper valve in. If I don't like it, It isn't hard to wire it open and hold it with some C clamps. That way it is still there if one wants to release it back to working instead of open.

Yea, I have been pushing that dang cancel button now for 3 days, already sick of trying to remember to shut that blasted start stop crap off.
I had a range plug in start stop defete device on my 2021, worked great, only time it didn’t work was if the low fuel light was on and it would go ahead and shut off at stop lights.
I am so used to pushing the start stop off button I am used to it. Unless you live in a city with lots of lights, I can't see it saving any gas. Doesn't seem to be any tuners or devices that work on these refreshed models yet, though.

I am really wanting some thing like what was on my 2021 Carbon pro AT4.
Or at least something more like a flat black to match the AEV bumper, just not too crazy about the gloss black, but would live with it, just really not liking those bronze accents that is what bothers me the most on the new X is the Bronze accents on the grill. AEV said I should just paint it to a color I like. I am not sure what kind of paint would stick to plastic like that, I assumed that those colors were died into the plastics.

View attachment 2815
View attachment 2816
I have the same grill on my 2021 Carbon pro, I'm getting chrome spots on it now as the paint chips off of it. I have been thinking about changing it out. I was thinking the same thing when you mentioned having dibs on that grill, but it is made to go with the AEV bumper... Bummer...

I have the same grill on my 2021 Carbon pro, I'm getting chrome spots on it now as the paint chips off of it. I have been thinking about changing it out. I was thinking the same thing when you mentioned having dibs on that grill, but it is made to go with the AEV bumper... Bummer...
Yea, so far looks I am stuck with keeping the grill since it is the only one that fits with the AEV bumper.
I ordered solid black rims yesterday.

I am so used to pushing the start stop off button I am used to it. Unless you live in a city with lots of lights, I can't see it saving any gas. Doesn't seem to be any tuners or devices that work on these refreshed models yet, though.
Yea, looks like we are going to be playing the waiting game on the aftermarket to catch up on stuff for these Revised 2022 and 2023 models.

Yep, same issue I am having with the TPMS. Dunno if I will find a fix. Hopefully, as the yellow exclamation point warning is annoying on the dash. Plus not knowing my tire pressure. It also dings my phone and email with the GMC app telling me I have a sensor problem.

That will be a nice tire/wheel combo! I went with 285/70R18's Nitto RG's. They are 34 x 11.5. Seem a litle skinny to me, but I am used to my 2020 AT4 which had 20x10 fuel wheels with a -24 offset on Nitto RG 33x12.5 tires. Totally different look than what I have on my 2024 AT4X now.
I have done more research on the TPMS issues we are having.

Spoke with my local dealers' parts department, I gave them my VIN number and tried to buy some new sensors.

Good news the new sensors are a lot less expensive than the old ones.
Price was only $30 bucks apiece where they use to be about twice that.

Bad news is there are none available nationwide, they are on backorder with no ETA shown on the part network. LOL

I went ahead and ordered 2 sets of them. Looks like for my immediate needs, I will be harvesting the sensors out of my OEM rims and tires.

Also verified they did change the TPMS sensors on our 2023 trucks, the parts man I spoke with dug in a little deeper.
The new sensors were showing to be 433 frequencies where the old sensors were 315 frequencies.

Did everyone get 4 extra sensors in their glove box at time of purchase? I plan to add them to two trailers I usually pull my motorcycles on. Or the extra ones just not the same as the trucks sensors. I wouldn't know the difference I never mess with wheels or tires on my vehicles, I'm a keep it stock kinda guy.😬

I have done more research on the TPMS issues we are having.

Spoke with my local dealers' parts department, I gave them my VIN number and tried to buy some new sensors.

Good news the new sensors are a lot less expensive than the old ones.
Price was only $30 bucks apiece where they use to be about twice that.

Bad news is there are none available nationwide, they are on backorder with no ETA shown on the part network. LOL

I went ahead and ordered 2 sets of them. Looks like for my immediate needs, I will be harvesting the sensors out of my OEM rims and tires.

Also verified they did change the TPMS sensors on our 2023 trucks, the parts man I spoke with dug in a little deeper.
The new sensors were showing to be 433 frequencies where the old sensors were 315 frequencies.

Well, that is good they are cheaper!

But not surprised there is no stock available.

In your situation, were you using older ones from a pre-refresh model that were already on your existing wheels?

In my situation, all I did was change wheels and tires. The TPMS system seemed to work for a day, but since is not working. I have yet to go to the tire shop, but I think all they can do is take the wheels and tires off, check the sensors that way, then put them back on. But honestly not sure. I don't think the reset tools work on these new ones and I have no idea why my truck is now not seeing the sensors. It would actually be easier if a reset tool did work.

I have tried the auto-reset function 4 times now to no avail. The truck just never see's any of the sensors. I can't see my month old sensors being bad. I also don't know why new wheels and tires would make much difference in how they work, but honestly don't know.

I hope you get your new sensors soon!

Good question.
I will have to check my glove box.
I am curious if those are the same and if they are as specific to each model year or group of years like the vehicles tend to do.
Then every time you trade trucks could mean having to change the sensors in all the trailers too.

Most reactions

Back