GM Performance Exhaust

After watching about half a dozen videos, I think the Borla ATAK is the best sounding exhaust overall (in my opinion of course). But there are two things I can’t get over:
1) the S-Type is about $400 cheaper than the ATAK.
2) My truck is that Red Quartz color (I think that’s the official color name), and it looks best with chrome exhaust. I want the two, dual exhaust tips that Borla makes for their exhaust systems, because quad tips on our trucks are just sick looking. The S-Type does come with chrome dual tips, but the ATAK only has the black carbon fiber tips. Or at least that’s what Summit has in stock right now. Decisions, decisions…
I’m digging through my paperwork to see if they mention it or just “performance exhaust pkg” but I think my 6.2 carbon pro came with the Borla Atak based on the black matte tips. I never knew to ask but I can say cold start sounds awesome and yes stomping on it to overtake you can hear it but it’s not annoying in any way.

ok......So I've been putting off spending the coin on the GM Performance exhaust. I tried the muffler delete....sounded great but too much drone. Then I tried a flowmaster fx, still very loud and awful drone at highway speeds. Then I ordered a Dynomax muffler....but it was the wrong size.....back to the flowmaster again. Now NY has passed a new SLEEP law that basically makes any non factory exhaust illegal and a $1000 fine. So I just ordered the GM borla system with the black quad tips, and got 20% off with a special they're running....plus had some GM points to burn up. So it wasn't as bad as I thought. Should arrive in 2 days. I can't wait to have a drone free cab again....and being "legal" is a bonus. (Until NY outlaws V8's all together) :rolleyes:

I couldn't be happier....sounds mean at a cold start and when I'm on the skinny pedal.....otherwise I can't hear it over the radio at cruising speeds.... no drone.

Attachments

• 20220523_172640.jpg
    20220523_172640.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 125
I can make one, I'll see if the digital camera can capture it better than a cell phone can.

LOL sorry I rode my harley today. I'll try to remember the exhaust video when I get home.

I went with the GM exhaust. I am happy with it, just enough deep sound when driving and sounds loud and proud when you hammer it. Ordered mine from GM and had it sent to GMC dealer to install. Buying it from GM this way 2 great things- only was 95 bucks to install and all covered by factory warranty!

Hey all.. I've got a 2020 6.2L w/ the PCJ-Offroad Performance Package. Does anyone know definitively who produces the cat-back system with that package? Is it Borla or Corsa? Dependent upon year?

Last edited:
I’m digging through my paperwork to see if they mention it or just “performance exhaust pkg” but I think my 6.2 carbon pro came with the Borla Atak based on the black matte tips. I never knew to ask but I can say cold start sounds awesome and yes stomping on it to overtake you can hear it but it’s not annoying in any way.
My Borla Atak muffler has Borla Atak stamped in 4” letters on the outside of the muffler.

Back