Blacked Out Emblems

I just changed out my exhaust tips yesterday. The easiest way is to remove the side bumper steps. I watched a couple youtube video's to figure out how. Pretty straight forward. Once those steps are out, you can easily reach the front two bolts. I recommend an air/battery powered ratchet or you'll be cranking for a while since their isn't much room back there.

Here is a link to where I bought mine. I wanted glossy black and Ebay was the only place I could find them.
I also removed my pipe covers and hypydipped them. I also had a power ratchet and still my hands were bloody afterwards. If i did it again i would have just left them on and taped around them and sprayed that way.

This was applied in Fall of 2022 when I got the truck and they still look exactly the same. The hyper dip has held up well since the HDMI ports (pipe covers) do not get that hot.

Attachments

• tempImageqnOFVp.png
    tempImageqnOFVp.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 39
I also removed my pipe covers and hypydipped them. I also had a power ratchet and still my hands were bloody afterwards. If i did it again i would have just left them on and taped around them and sprayed that way.

This was applied in Fall of 2022 when I got the truck and they still look exactly the same. The hyper dip has held up well since the HDMI ports (pipe covers) do not get that hot.
I left mine on and just taped off the area to spray paint mine. I would do it again given how difficult removing the exhaust tips seems to be.
IMG_3181.jpeg

Back