2022 Refresh Order Experience

My order arrived today, sent me an email with all the build specs and MSRP of $72,265. I requested the OTD price and was given $92,054. After backing out taxes they are trying to charge me $13k+ over MSRP!!!!🤬 It's mid June, think I'll wait for a 2023, screw this.
Wish GMC would just freeze any allocations to those corrupt dealers and reward the straight ones with them.

My order arrived today, sent me an email with all the build specs and MSRP of $72,265. I requested the OTD price and was given $92,054. After backing out taxes they are trying to charge me $13k+ over MSRP!!!!🤬 It's mid June, think I'll wait for a 2023, screw this.
You should be price protected if you ordered and they ordered it as retail sold. GMC sent out a memo a while ago telling dealers they couldn’t do this and would be in jeopardy of voiding their contract. I have seen a few people elsewhere get a resolution by contacting GMC and filing a complaint.

Curious if anyone else has ordered a 22 refresh and what your experience has been? I reserved mine in Oct and went into the dealer to order the end of Jan. Four weeks since ordering my order still sits at an 0500 code which from what I gather means it’s basically sitting in purgatory. At this point I’m thinking the dealer didn’t have allocation or there is some kind of constraint on my order. The dealer is telling me it just hasn’t been accepted because they’re getting slammed with orders. Thinking about visiting another dealership. Any thoughts?
Ordered AT4 Refresh 2/14, build started 5/31, as of today (6/17) has an event code of 4300 (Intermediate Delivery). Any ideas on how long it should take to deliver to dealer after it hits 4300?? Anyone have any major delays or issues after your order hits this code?

Ordered AT4 Refresh 2/14, build started 5/31, as of today (6/17) has an event code of 4300 (Intermediate Delivery). Any ideas on how long it should take to deliver to dealer after it hits 4300?? Anyone have any major delays or issues after your order hits this code?
I am in the same in boat as you! mine was built 5/27 and has been in 4300 since 5/28. My dealer is unable to track the order because they haven't been invoiced and my window sticker isn't even available yet. Gmc chat gave me an update and told me jack cooper is the transportation company and some advisors are telling me its in New Haven IN, and some are saying its in Marion, OH. I don't know what to believe anymore.

I am in the same in boat as you! mine was built 5/27 and has been in 4300 since 5/28. My dealer is unable to track the order because they haven't been invoiced and my window sticker isn't even available yet. Gmc chat gave me an update and told me jack cooper is the transportation company and some advisors are telling me its in New Haven IN, and some are saying its in Marion, OH. I don't know what to believe anymore.
That's unfortunate! Hope you get good news soon! Thanks for sharing.

Same here, mine was sitting in New Haven, IN since mid May with a 4300 event code. Supposedly the off-site place that sprays the bed liner in was backlogged. Good news though, is it got dropped off at the dealer today. Pick it up Monday, and can’t wait!

Went in and talked to my dealer this morning to see what’s up since I’ve missed several GM delivery ETAs now.

Truck is still showing it’s in port awaiting the delivery company to pick it up, and their tracking software is really good. It shows where the truck is from the OnStar GPS and they get updates when they do little things like move it around the shipping yard and stuff. What they don’t have insight into is the freight companies, and that’s the black box that is probably screwing up most of us.

They mentioned that the challenge in giving too much information to folks who get mad at them when GM misses a delivery window and that data is untraceable from their end. Since I’ve been patient and reasonable with them (and this is my second purchase ), they are willing to give me a bit more Intel. You can tell they feel bad when they get my hopes up with a new ETA or an update on movement, and it falls

Anyway, they confirmed that my price protection is still in place, and that the 0% option is on the table for all sierra models as long as they get the truck on the lot before that expires. I guess the way price protection works, the dealer takes the hit and GM refunds them. So if your dealer has integrity, they will float the loss for a little bit and get paid back. If not, they will pocket the difference when GM pays them back.

My dealer has also been trying to arrange pickups for trucks that can be picked up. I guess there are places in Texas and Michigan that are allowing dealers to pick up the vehicle, but the port of Baltimore and one other location that was mentioned isn’t :/

Last edited:
Curious if anyone else has ordered a 22 refresh and what your experience has been? I reserved mine in Oct and went into the dealer to order the end of Jan. Four weeks since ordering my order still sits at an 0500 code which from what I gather means it’s basically sitting in purgatory. At this point I’m thinking the dealer didn’t have allocation or there is some kind of constraint on my order. The dealer is telling me it just hasn’t been accepted because they’re getting slammed with orders. Thinking about visiting another dealership. Any thoughts?
Ordered mine

ordered mine back in October, I just picked it up about a week ago. The rep told me most of his orders are AT4s, so they’re getting backed up for sure on them. Not to mention the chip shortage. If you reserved in October, your truck should be en route I would think

Attachments

• 5F777593-7116-4077-9DCC-91FE389642E5.jpeg
    5F777593-7116-4077-9DCC-91FE389642E5.jpeg
    535.3 KB · Views: 77
Went in and talked to my dealer this morning to see what’s up since I’ve missed several GM delivery ETAs now.

Truck is still showing it’s in port awaiting the delivery company to pick it up, and their tracking software is really good. It shows where the truck is from the OnStar GPS and they get updates when they do little things like move it around the shipping yard and stuff. What they don’t have insight into is the freight companies, and that’s the black box that is probably screwing up most of us.

They mentioned that the challenge in giving too much information to folks who get mad at them when GM misses a delivery window and that data is untraceable from their end. Since I’ve been patient and reasonable with them (and this is my second purchase ), they are willing to give me a bit more Intel. You can tell they feel bad when they get my hopes up with a new ETA or an update on movement, and it falls

Anyway, they confirmed that my price protection is still in place, and that the 0% option is on the table for all sierra models as long as they get the truck on the lot before that expires. I guess the way price protection works, the dealer takes the hit and GM refunds them. So if your dealer has integrity, they will float the loss for a little bit and get paid back. If not, they will pocket the difference when GM pays them back.

My dealer has also been trying to arrange pickups for trucks that can be picked up. I guess there are places in Texas and Michigan that are allowing dealers to pick up the vehicle, but the port of Baltimore and one other location that was mentioned isn’t :/
My dealer has this theory kind of tongue in cheek that the shipping companies pickup up the closet trucks in the lot, the last ones made first. The first out of the factory last shipped. So newly built trucks keep pushing the older built trucks back. Nothing else seemed to make sense to them when tracking their trucks.

Finally got GM chat to actually give me the current location of my truck. It’s in Marion OH. I’m not sure what’s there, guessing it’s where they load the trains. At least it’s not in FT Wayne. Anyone know what’s in Marion?

Finally got GM chat to actually give me the current location of my truck. It’s in Marion OH. I’m not sure what’s there, guessing it’s where they load the trains. At least it’s not in FT Wayne. Anyone know what’s in Marion?
My truck is also in Marion, Oh in status code 4300. I did a satellite view of it and nothing really stood out as to why it might be there. There are railroad tracks that pass through it but I didn't see any holding yards. GMC chat told me that the carrier is in fact Jack Copper transportation by I thought they only used car haulers and not trains?

My truck is also in Marion, Oh in status code 4300. I did a satellite view of it and nothing really stood out as to why it might be there. There are railroad tracks that pass through it but I didn't see any holding yards. GMC chat told me that the carrier is in fact Jack Copper transportation by I thought they only used car haulers and not trains?
Where is yours going? Mines coming to RI so maybe they’re just trucking them instead of trains.

Where is yours going? Mines coming to RI so maybe they’re just trucking them instead of trains.
Mine is going to south east Michigan. FT wayne is actually slightly closer to my selling dealer than Marion, OH is. Do you have your window sticker yet?

Mine is going to south east Michigan. FT wayne is actually slightly closer to my selling dealer than Marion, OH is. Do you have your window sticker yet?
I haven’t asked for it yet. I just asked for the VIN. I probably should though.

Most reactions

Back