Why did you pick the 6.2?

I picked the 6.2 because when it comes to the total cost (65-70k maybe?) an extra 2k ish for the top tier engine doesn't seem like as much. If I'm spending so much on a truck that I intend to keep for a very long time, I'd rather have the most capable engine in it. I don't do a lot of hauling, but I do hope to get a small RV soon (small as in a 1500 can pull it) and I expect I will appreciate the extra performance.

I picked the 6.2 because when it comes to the total cost (65-70k maybe?) an extra 2k ish for the top tier engine doesn't seem like as much. If I'm spending so much on a truck that I intend to keep for a very long time, I'd rather have the most capable engine in it. I don't do a lot of hauling, but I do hope to get a small RV soon (small as in a 1500 can pull it) and I expect I will appreciate the extra performance.
Not sure why the mileage you are getting is so off. I use premium fuel 90% of the time. And I check my gas mileage the old fashioned was by filling up, resetting trip od, then note the amount it takes to fill back up and log the miles. What’s surprising is doing it this way it’s almost the same as the computer calculates it to be. Several weeks ago I pulled a 6x12 double axle enclosed Uhaul trailer. Couldn’t even tell it was hitched to truck. Pulled it round trip for a total of 540 miles, most at Interstate speeds of 70-80 mph. Checked the mileage and it returned 13.5 mpg. Not bad because I certainly didn’t abide by the 55mph sticker on the Uhaul that was in my mirror😄.
I also keep my drive mode in Sport, which does give it more get away power. This thing will bark the back tires. Good luck

If I had one major complaint it would be the size of the gas tank. I came out of a 2014 F150 that had. 36 gal. tank. Hurt my feelings at times when I filled it up from flat empty, but I sure wish the AT4 had at least a 30 gallon tank, better if it had a 36. Tundras have 36 side tanks as well.

I came from a supercharged 14 Silverado 5.3, wanted the power of the 6.2. Not as powerful as the 5.3 SC, but close to it and when the time comes, out of warranty, I’ll be adding a supercharger to this 6.2 beast! Mpg has been sitting around 19 for me, just about to hit 1K. Absolutely love this truck!!

1626522121221.jpeg

I choose the 2019 AT4 because with the new vehicle shortage I was desperate to get rid of the 2015 GMC 2500 6.0L. It had a terrible ride loaded or not. It drank the fuel like crazy 7mpg pulling - AT4 10mpg pulling. Not to mention I missed the 6.2 liter responsiveness! The only thing I would like to change on it would be the shocks. The ride is just too bouncy.

It was simple: i had 2 previous diesels, 6.7 Powerstrokes and didnt need quite as much torque. And was tired of paying so much more for diesel as compared to gas! The 6.2 gives me plenty of torque and a whole lot of horsepower! Great engine.

I choose the 2019 AT4 because with the new vehicle shortage I was desperate to get rid of the 2015 GMC 2500 6.0L. It had a terrible ride loaded or not. It drank the fuel like crazy 7mpg pulling - AT4 10mpg pulling. Not to mention I missed the 6.2 liter responsiveness! The only thing I would like to change on it would be the shocks. The ride is just too bouncy.
And the shocks:
Yep- the Rancho shocks leave alot to be desired. I plan on upgrading at about 15,000 miles to Fox or Bilstein

I have an ‘07 Avalanche with a 5.3L in it, great truck and now my backup till I pass along. That being said while it runs great I always wished for a little more power at times, so when buying the AT4 I knew I wanted something larger. I could not be happier with the 6.2L power with the factory performance package, it just seems to motor along with little effort. A bonus is my gas mileage has improved over my 5.3L. Really liking this truck.

You (those who posted your mpg) are getting far better mileage than I am. I just bought my AT4--only about 1k miles on it so far. Averaging about 12 mpg in town, driving slow like a granny. I never expected a 6.2 to get great mileage per gallon, but it doesn't seem right. Any thoughts or advice?
Not being persnickety but try getting it out of the city!

I have two friends, one with the At4 w 6.2 and the other with the Chevy rst w 6.2. Both get about 14.5 avg mpg. They might get 15-16 hwy but we have a lot of wind in south TX and the speed limit is 75 pretty much everywhere.
That being said, I went w the 3.0 diesel for mileage. I had a F150 w 3.5L eco boost and that thing was fast, but sucked on gas mileage - 14.5 city and hwy.
This diesel is avg about 22 to 23. Best hwy so far is 25.5 at 75 mph

When i decided to go for an AT4 a month ago , I had 2 things that i wanted .one was the 6.2 as i have one in my camaro and the long box .. due to the lack of inventory and not wanting to wait for an order . no long boxes available everyone i found was sold . In fact prefer a 8 ft box even though i know it not available . Not worried about mileage as i have a company pickup and my wife does not work . She uses the truck in the winter . I wanted the power as i will be using it to tow my camaro and depending on the 2023 2500 refresh we might trade it in then . Time will tell .

Back