Why did you pick the 6.2?

TheYzerplan

Reaction score
I did it for the power, and I'm not disappointed. The gas mileage has been shockingly decent, staying at 16mpg, and that's with me being a bit heavy with my foot.

I did like the look of the new straight 6 3.0, but the fear of how new it was scared me off.

All in all, this is the most impressive personally owned vehicle I've ever driven. I'll always miss the 2019 ZR2 I traded in, but this is far more suitable for me in my 40s, retired, and with a young family.

Retired in your 40s?! Congrats man!
It didn't come without a pretty tumultuous 20 years, but I somehow made it out on the other side. That said, I'm loving this 6.2! My buddy in high school had a brand new WS6 that he let me drive when he got lit, that was the last time I remembered driving being so much fun. Just need some new shocks and this will be a dream. How do you like yours?

I chose the 6.2 for the pure testosterone value (or as my wife likes to call it - a wiener purchase because I was thinking with that instead of my brain). I wanted to be able to upgrade from our previous family vehicle of a 2013 F150 3.5 Ecoboost. I liked the power/acceleration from that truck but could never be proud of the V6 sound. That being said, if I was going to spend $70k on a new vehicle I wanted the V8 sound and power. So the 6.2 along with the performance package was an easy answer.

I choose the At4 6.2 performance package because I thought and was right that I'd get about the same mileage as the 5.3 package I'm very happy with my choice and I have lots more power when pulling my trailers.

I choose the At4 6.2 performance package because I thought and was right that I'd get about the same mileage as the 5.3 package I'm very happy with my choice and I have lots more power when pulling my trailers.
What kind of mileage are you getting so far?

I absolutely LOVE my 2019 (late build) AT4. Has ALL the features including the new body style and multipro tailgate. Black on black.....I picked this truck cause it’s ME....plus wanted the bigger engine cause of the power and speed. I also have a 2006 vette which has both also! This truck is amazing, and this will be my forever truck!!!!

2019 1500 with the 6.2 and performance package and I absolutely love it. Upgraded the tires and wheels and leveled it and I think it looks great. Already have 30K miles on it and couldn’t be happier with the truck.

2019 1500 6.2. Black on black, leveled with upgraded wheels and tires. First truck ever purchased and will likely not buy SUV again. Tows boat great and looks great. Love it

Love the 6.2 the power is awesome added a catback borla exhaust the thing sounds awesome , Did not want anything to do with the diesel seems like they are just a headache, need to add def and antigel in cold climates, I work on newer diesels and the check engine light is on all the time plus dicking around and having to do regens

I did it for the power, and I'm not disappointed. The gas mileage has been shockingly decent, staying at 16mpg, and that's with me being a bit heavy with my foot.

I did like the look of the new straight 6 3.0, but the fear of how new it was scared me off.

All in all, this is the most impressive personally owned vehicle I've ever driven. I'll always miss the 2019 ZR2 I traded in, but this is far more suitable for me in my 40s, retired, and with a young family.

I honestly just wanted the big boy truck. I don't tow anything. I just purchased my first home and wanted to have a nice truck in the driveway to match it.

I work at a Chevy dealership where all of the managers drive Trail Bosses so I decided I wanted to come in to work in a bad ass GMC every day

I don't regret it one bit. I love my truck and wouldn't go back to anything else!

I went to a dealership that had a 20 AT4 with the 5.3 8 speed (4000miles) and was completely stock. After the test drive "please keep in mind I was looking to trade in a 2016 Denali 3500 with the 6.6 Duramax" and although the 1/2 ton AT4 was very nice I was not convinced. They also had a 19 AT4 with the 6.2 10 speed (30000miles) that had a leveling kit, wheels/tires, hard flip bed cover, and tinted windows added. Just gassing it out of the lot made me 😁. Purchased!!
This truck is beast for a 1500 and does great pulling my 16 foot dual axle enclosed trailer loaded up.

Bought my 2020 6.2 for the power. I don’t buy large trucks with any expectation of getting “great” gas mileage. This is decent for what it is. I average around 16-17 overall.

You (those who posted your mpg) are getting far better mileage than I am. I just bought my AT4--only about 1k miles on it so far. Averaging about 12 mpg in town, driving slow like a granny. I never expected a 6.2 to get great mileage per gallon, but it doesn't seem right. Any thoughts or advice?

Back