Brand new & puked oil (the ongoing saga)

Wow.

10 to 1, I bet it wasn't the oil galley plug to begin with. I couldn't fathom how a threaded plug could not be reused. Remove, pipe dope threads and re-thread it in the block. The drive-in plugs are another thing.

If it is coming from the plug area, and a new plug didn't cure it, I'm wondering if the block might have a casting flaw?

How many miles on it? 50?

I've seen Mack blocks leak once warmed up and having a load put to them. Never leaked in the shop.

Last edited:
I was skeptical about the gallery plug. It has 108 miles. Looks to be dripping from the same place based on the pattern.
Things that come to mind are rear seal, turbo lines...
They should be able to put some dye in there and find the source.

Absolutely outrageous; can't even imagine how pissed you may be.

I was skeptical about the gallery plug. It has 108 miles. Looks to be dripping from the same place based on the pattern.
Things that come to mind are rear seal, turbo lines...
They should be able to put some dye in there and find the source.
I really hope they fix it soon; you need to be able to enjoy your new vehicle. 🤞

My first diesel so I'm not sure if the oil smells different from gas engine oils, but this has a slightly sweet smell like hydraulic fluid.
It's not red; it looks like motor oil.

Attachments

• 20231213_164845.jpg
    20231213_164845.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 20231213_164848.jpg
    20231213_164848.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 29
You'll know next time you have a engine oil leak from now on after a couple of thousand miles! 😉

I’ve read of a leak where the oil filter housing bolts to the block. They weren’t as extreme as yours but a place to check.

edit…I’d be beyond pissed as well. Maybe try a different dealer?

Took my 2022 in for an oil change, has 17k miles. Also my first diesel (3.0). They told me the rear main seal was out. Had to leave it at the dealership. 3 weeks later they called and said that they replaced the seal but that it needs a new motor. Told me 3.5 months lead time on a motor. Beyond pissed is an understatement.

The latest from the dealer is they feel it is the oil lines to/from the turbo.

Awesome, Our vehicles were built during the unrest at GMC and QA was probably weak.

I realize this thread is a couple of months old, but wondering if you got it all sorted out ? Sorry for your troubles, that sucks....

Back