Black Chrome Peeling

Replaced my Carbon Pro Grill and Bezels at around the 20k mark....Warranty covered it but this claim had to be directly handled by the service manager. He had the part ordered but was concerned about the length of time it would take to get it. Gave me a separate procedure to follow in case it didnt arrive in time and the vehicle was not under warranty. ......Sounded fishy to me. Luckily the parts came within about 2 weeks. Full day in the shop to get them replaced. If it happens again and not covered under warranty....Im getting a couple cans of plasti-dip, masking tape and going to town! Im not even going to attempt to peel that front end apart to replace them.

Reactions: Mag
Yeah, I have the Carbon Pro package and I have some quarter size spots that have peeled off. Dealer said it was not covered under the warranty. I hit them up at the 39,000 mile mark. I need to check to see if that expensive extended warranty I have may cover it???
I've got 40k miles on mine, bought an extended warranty from a GM dealer before it ran out, now my dealer I bought it from says GM Protect, some 3rd party company, denied it.
There should be class actioon lawsuit or recall on this known issue.

• Wow
Yep mine was replaced around 40k miles. Out of warranty but they still covered 60% of cost.

Grill and one fog bezel
what did that cost you...............my dealer is saying appr $1000 (1/2 of cost) if I have to pay for it.

I've got 40k miles on mine, bought an extended warranty from a GM dealer before it ran out, now my dealer I bought it from says GM Protect, some 3rd party company, denied it.
There should be class actioon lawsuit or recall on this known issue.
That's is absolutely ridiculous! Especially if you buy the absurd expensive extended warranty. On a known issue as well. Sorry to hear this. I agree on legal action.

I did not notice the peeling on the grill or the fog bezels until I saw this post. Afterwords I purchased new black bezels and black grill overlays. Hopefully they will last longer.

I did not notice the peeling on the grill or the fog bezels until I saw this post. Afterwords I purchased new black bezels and black grill overlays. Hopefully they will last longer.
you got a link where you bought them?

I posted some pictures on another thread but here is another.

Attachments

• IMG_3643.jpeg
    IMG_3643.jpeg
    542.6 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_3644.jpeg
    IMG_3644.jpeg
    500 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
I had one fog light bezel replaced on my 2021 (29k and about 5 months left on factory warranty), then I looked closer at the grille and slapped my forehead. Now I need to take it back in.

I've got a 2021 Acadia AT4 I bought new, and it's just started peeling after 70,000 miles. It looks like like a cheap product to me that's not of the quality I'm used to in my GM products. GM offered to pay 10% of the $1240.00 replacement cost. That to me is just a temporary fix, because it will happen again in the future if it's the same product.

I've got a 2021 Acadia AT4 I bought new, and it's just started peeling after 70,000 miles. It looks like like a cheap product to me that's not of the quality I'm used to in my GM products. GM offered to pay 10% of the $1240.00 replacement cost. That to me is just a temporary fix, because it will happen again in the future if it's the same product.
What exactly is peeling? The grill/fog light bezels?

Both the grill and the fog light bezels. The rear piece on the tailgate is pristine. It started about a month ago, and now it's about 50 percent gone. Looks really bad.

I don’t know. Thats a lot of $$$. Try after market overlay for the grill and new aftermarket fog bezels. They look good and mine have held up well.

Back