Black Chrome Peeling

Ah so this is covered! Just got a 2021 Black with carbon package, 31.4K miles. front grill has the same issue.. so they will cover this it appears? OP can you confirm? For 2021's, is the bumper to bumper all the same period to Dec 31 2023, or is it date specific.

Ah so this is covered! Just got a 2021 Black with carbon package, 31.4K miles. front grill has the same issue.. so they will cover this it appears? OP can you confirm? For 2021's, is the bumper to bumper all the same period to Dec 31 2023, or is it date specific.
Date of 1st sale.

Yeah, I have the Carbon Pro package and I have some quarter size spots that have peeled off. Dealer said it was not covered under the warranty. I hit them up at the 39,000 mile mark. I need to check to see if that expensive extended warranty I have may cover it???

Just saw this today, with only 2,500 miles on the truck. 😳

Attachments

• 20230323_185146.jpg
    20230323_185146.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 391
Yep mine was replaced around 40k miles. Out of warranty but they still covered 60% of cost.

Grill and one fog bezel
Awesome, mines going in tomorrow, I'm at 32K so hoping they don't give me any trouble with warranty. Any other things I should check before 36k?

Awesome, mines going in tomorrow, I'm at 32K so hoping they don't give me any trouble with warranty. Any other things I should check before 36k?
Just check your fog light bezels too. Grill and bezels are wrapped in that dark chrome which seems to chip easily from rocks and sand.

Dealer accepted the warranty replacement of the front grill and bezels, ETA unknown on the parts. But thanks for the help here, I would have never asked!

Dealer accepted the warranty replacement of the front grill and bezels, ETA unknown on the parts. But thanks for the help here, I would have never asked!
Nice, never hurts to try with stuff like this. Glad it worked out, these trucks are too nice to deal with the grill coming apart.

Yes, thanks for the info... mine has a bubble on it that I got on the drive home from the dealer... Will definitely be submitting for warranty.

I have a 21 Sierra 1500 and the grill & 1 fog light bezel are peeling. The truck has 47K miles. I called the dealer and they told me that the truck is out of warranty. GMC said that they will not replace them under warranty. I am quite disappointed that you spend so much on a truck and cheap products are used during the build.

My 2021 doing same thing first dealer approved warranty work but wouldn't call me back with any details - second dealer after 4 days appears to be same thing . Who in GM do we contact ? Mine is terrible and not a very good advertisement for an awesome truck -

• Sad
Reactions: Mag
My 2021 doing same thing first dealer approved warranty work but wouldn't call me back with any details - second dealer after 4 days appears to be same thing . Who in GM do we contact ? Mine is terrible and not a very good advertisement for an awesome truck -
Excellent question about a contact! It's a shame so many people with the '19-'22 are seeing the same issue. GM has to know this is a quality issue! They really should offer a replacement after the standard warranty period is up and most definitely during the period. The "run around" on something as simple as a trim piece is a really shame. Especially with what we are paying for these tucks today. Hope you can get something resolved here.

Most reactions

Back