Run 35” tires with leveling kit

amrit0088

Reaction score
Hello At4 people Thankyou for the accept,Picked up my 2023 1500 at4 diesel last week.Looking to run 35” tires with 12 wide wheels.All the tire shops i talked to told me i need to lift it 6” to run 35s.But i don’t want to go that higher.Was thinking to add 2” levelling kit from readylift with uca over the factory 2”.Is anyone here running 35s with just the levelling kit.Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers !

You won't fit 35's on 12 in wide wheels with a front level. GMC's boxy wheel wells really hamper increasing wheel size. I have a 1.5" RC front level on my 23 AT4X, and running 34" tires on 20x10 -19 offset Fuel wheels. I have trimmed quite a bit, taken out the support metal block behind the splash guard of the back of the front wheel wells, and I still have a little bit of rubbing at full locks or when turing sharply and going over bumps or inclines. The offset is very important on tires rubbing or not, but on 12" wide wheels, even with a zero offset you are still protruding out far enough to rub. I would think 12" wheels would need spacers to clear the UCA's or other things also.

Hello At4 people Thankyou for the accept,Picked up my 2023 1500 at4 diesel last week.Looking to run 35” tires with 12 wide wheels.All the tire shops i talked to told me i need to lift it 6” to run 35s.But i don’t want to go that higher.Was thinking to add 2” levelling kit from readylift with uca over the factory 2”.Is anyone here running 35s with just the levelling kit.Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers !
This is what I put on my 2022 AT4,
Icon Alloys Compression 17x8.5 +0mm wheels w/ Toyo Open Country A/T III 35x12.50R17LT tires I purchased from Custom Offsets. I had to do a lot of trimming and finally installed Bilstein adjustable shocks (set on highest lift), Ready Lift w/uca's, removed the mud flaps and I still have some very minor rub on the driver's side wheel well liner. That lifted the front several inches but then had to change the 2" rear block to a 3" block. Now the rear is about 3/4" of an inch higher than the front. Then I had to install the Aries retractable steps because my wife had trouble getting into the truck. The truck looks great but is a bit higher than I wanted.

Attachments

• 20230819_171101.jpg
    20230819_171101.jpg
    671.7 KB · Views: 1,959
  • 20230819_171125.jpg
    20230819_171125.jpg
    632.1 KB · Views: 1,802
Icon Alloys Compression 17x8.5 +0mm wheels w/ Toyo Open Country A/T III 35x12.50R17LT tires I purchased from Custom Offsets. I had to do a lot of trimming and finally installed Bilstein adjustable shocks (set on highest lift), Ready Lift w/uca's, removed the mud flaps and I still have some very minor rub on the driver's side wheel well liner. That lifted the front several inches but then had to change the 2" rear block to a 3" block. Now the rear is about 3/4" of an inch higher than the front. Then I had to install the Aries retractable steps because my wife had trouble getting into the truck. The truck looks great but is a bit higher than I wanted.
Appreciate the reply Trucks looks 🔥

You won't fit 35's on 12 in wide wheels with a front level. GMC's boxy wheel wells really hamper increasing wheel size. I have a 1.5" RC front level on my 23 AT4X, and running 34" tires on 20x10 -19 offset Fuel wheels. I have trimmed quite a bit, taken out the support metal block behind the splash guard of the back of the front wheel wells, and I still have a little bit of rubbing at full locks or when turing sharply and going over bumps or inclines. The offset is very important on tires rubbing or not, but on 12" wide wheels, even with a zero offset you are still protruding out far enough to rub. I would think 12" wheels would need spacers to clear the UCA's or other things also.
Appreciate the reply 🙏🏻

I'll echo what Teegunn said above, I dont think you will be able to fit 35's on a 12" wide wheel with just the leveling kit. I am running 35x12.5x17's on a 17x8.5" -0 offest wheel with the 2" leveling kit with UCA's and had to do a bit of trimming and mudflap bracket removal to make it all work. I still have some rubbing on the passenger side when half turn and hit a bump or driveway. A 12" wheel is going to take up far too much space in the wheel wells.
IMG_0705.jpeg
IMG_0706.jpeg

I'll echo what Teegunn said above, I dont think you will be able to fit 35's on a 12" wide wheel with just the leveling kit. I am running 35x12.5x17's on a 17x8.5" -0 offest wheel with the 2" leveling kit with UCA's and had to do a bit of trimming and mudflap bracket removal to make it all work. I still have some rubbing on the passenger side when half turn and hit a bump or driveway. A 12" wheel is going to take up far too much space in the wheel wells.View attachment 5088View attachment 5089
Thankyou

I'll echo what Teegunn said above, I dont think you will be able to fit 35's on a 12" wide wheel with just the leveling kit. I am running 35x12.5x17's on a 17x8.5" -0 offest wheel with the 2" leveling kit with UCA's and had to do a bit of trimming and mudflap bracket removal to make it all work. I still have some rubbing on the passenger side when half turn and hit a bump or driveway. A 12" wheel is going to take up far too much space in the wheel wells.View attachment 5088View attachment 5089
You might be better off with a 35x11x17's tire instead of the 35x12.5x17's. Just saying...

How high is it sitting? Got a pic with a tape measure or you for comparison? lol.. I'm going through a similar predicament: make it look good, don't want it so high to need a ladder

Cheers !
I have the same truck with a 2 inch leveling kit and there’s not much room for larger tires. I have stock 20 inch rims and stock tires on it so far. I also have 2 inch spacers. Short answer is I don’t think they’ll fit.

I have the same truck with a 2 inch leveling kit and there’s not much room for larger tires. I have stock 20 inch rims and stock tires on it so far. I also have 2 inch spacers. Short answer is I don’t think they’ll fit.
I have seen a guy on youtube running 35s with 2” leveling kit on his trailboss.Needed some trimming for sure.Maybe trailboss has more space then the at4.https://youtube.com/watch?v=q8y82jbYusI&si=NqI9CIW0gvKpTBLa

Most reactions

Back