MultiPro tailgate

Can you disable your MultiPro tailgate

• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
Mine works as described in the video, also explained on P 26-27 of the owners manual. Make sure you have the fob in hand as it must be within 3' of the bumper as per manual.;)

Mine works as described in the video, also explained on P 26-27 of the owners manual. Make sure you have the fob in hand as it must be within 3' of the bumper as per manual.;)
Yep…I did just as the video showed and the manual… (20 times 🙈) if you read his comments sounds like it’s hit and miss on the new 2022 refresh

I have the 2022 AT4 refreshed and my disable the inner tailgate doesn't work either. I went into the dealership today and was advised after some digging that it was a known issue for some 2022 tailgates . The GM issue number is PIT5895A with trucks having the J22 RPO code. I have attached the printout I got. Bad news is they haven't found a fix for it yet, the engineers are working frantically to resolve the issue.

Attachments

• GM Multipro Issue_Page_1.jpg
    GM Multipro Issue_Page_1.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 87
  • GM Multipro Issue_Page_2.jpg
    GM Multipro Issue_Page_2.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 79
Do we know what RPO J22 is?

My 2022 refresh won’t do the lockout of the inner gate with a button long hold. It just immediately opens every time

They printed out all my RPO codes for my truck at the dealership. It just shows J22 in the list with nothing listed beside it. If you open your tailgate, on the left side they have sticker on the box (not the tailgate) showing how to disable it. If you have the sticker then you are part of the group that has the issue with no fix yet.

Yep here’s my sticker.

Attachments

• 09282752-0BB9-4E0D-81C4-FB6474B82AA1.jpeg
    09282752-0BB9-4E0D-81C4-FB6474B82AA1.jpeg
    449.8 KB · Views: 150
Now we wait for them to come up with a fix. Like I am waiting for my heated/ventilated seat chip module that was supposed to come in June.

For you guys concerned with disabling the multi pro gate - have you looked at this hitch for use with the multi pro gate? I had it for my last truck and I don't worry about striking the hitch with this one, either.

1670501246395.png

Just had my truck into the dealer yesterday. They have a fix for the faulty disable inner tailgate. I can now disable the inner tailgate. Unfortunately they have no clue how to fix the exhaust smell coming into the cab. They also had my seat chip in. I finally have heated seats.

I smell the exhaust smell in the cabin only in the mornings when I warm it up with remote start. ??

Only seems to happen when the truck is cold and it idles a few minutes, occurs either way you start it. If it is warm or you start and drive away quickly no smell. Must not have enough time to leak into the cabin. I have to take mine back next week to sit overnight so the tech can start it in the morning or they tell me they can't duplicate it and therefore there is no problem they can fix.

Back