Low Oil / Add Oil warning light

gonzosurf76

Reaction score
I have a 2022 1500 AT4 6.2 V8 with about 27,000 miles. Since about 5K miles I've been getting a message coming up on my dash at about 35% of the oil life saying "Low Oil warning/ Add Engine Oil". If you pull the dip stick out there's oil, but if you reinsert to check it again it's bone dry! First time it happend I B lined it straight to the dealership. They started an oil consumption test and wanted me to come in every 2K miles to check the levels (Pain in the A$$). Now at 27000 miles, I still get the message coming up and the same oil level reading on the dip stick. I've been taking it in and they have no answers for me.. Anyone one else experience this same thing? I'm about to look into a lemon process with this truck..

Do you have visible emissions? Heavy carbon deposits around the tailpipe?

I would do what the dealer asks. Heavy oil consumption should be a recall issue.

I also have start to experience this. I have a 2022 6.2 V8 as well. the first time I seen the message on the dash was around 24k. The dealer said it was normal consumption. Just hear 5k later after the oil was change I got another message and the oil was about 2.5 quarts low. I will be visiting the dealer again, because I do have heavy carbon deposits around my tailpipes.

I also have start to experience this. I have a 2022 6.2 V8 as well. the first time I seen the message on the dash was around 24k. The dealer said it was normal consumption. Just hear 5k later after the oil was change I got another message and the oil was about 2.5 quarts low. I will be visiting the dealer again, because I do have heavy carbon deposits around my tailpipes.
For reference, I have a 77 Silverado with a 20 year old 5.7L engine. It doesn't consume oil.

Back