In-line Chips and Modules

I looked at reviews and decided to pass on this upgrade for now. I don't want something sticking out under the dash attached to OBD port with zip ties etc. I'd rather send the ECU to a tuner guy and have him reprogram it when available; no hurry at this time. With over $136K invested in this truck, I have no problem spending any amount if it makes sense and is something I can permanently leave in there without affeting aesthetics.
Makes sense!
Your truck looks killer by the way! Nice job!

Has anyone tried the Green Diesel Engineering setup?

I have a 2024 GMC 2500 AT4X AEV and I recently purchased the banks Pedal Monster. I took my truck for an oil change and tire rotation along with what the dealer calls a 7,500 maintenance multipoint inspection but I removed the pedal monster right before I took it to the dealer and they made zero comments. My thoughts are that if something happens and you take it to the dealer to get it fixed under warranty they probably have a way to determine if an aftermarket device/module had been used. But if you’re just taking the truck in for standard maintenance it won’t come up, that’s just my opinion based on what I’ve experienced.
I’d question whether the service techs have enough know-how or even the right training to do an ECM log check - they don’t even understand the Android OS that’s driving all the interior technology. You can buy an OBD tool and clear any codes…..has to be someone here that’s a service tech that can speak to it.

Makes sense!
Your truck looks killer by the way! Nice job!
Thank You. It's not a work truck, just a nice to have truck for my hobbies etc. with a bed long enough to carry my 2 meter remote plane fuselages, it replaced an ageing SUV I had. Its not a truck model you see here in WA at all or Whistler BC, we travel there a lot, where almost everyone has a truck of one type or the other. I get compliments from other truck owners, which is so nice hear. I had ordered Gatorback CA Mud Flaps from Canada and these were delivered to my daughter in Whistler, she will bring them over next weekend. I'm eager to install them since lack of them splashes mud from the aggressive tires; it will make cleaning somewhat easier. I use the same paint sealers and polishes on this truck as I do on my black Mercedes Benz, which although comparitively older, looks like it just left the showroom; no PPF, no ceramic etc. Admittedly, black or dark vehicles need a little extra exterior maintenance, but I love it. Putco tailgate lights are waiting at the dealer, I am waiting for the GMC Dashcam (front and rear) to arrive and then let the dealer install both the same day; a dashcam would be interesting to me, never had one in any vehicle.

Last edited:
Back