In-line Chips and Modules

Is anyone running the EDGE EZX module in their 3.0 yet? Curious about feedback. Demonworks shared that he believes the Banks Derringer will be out summer/fall of this year.
I’ve been very tempted to pull the trigger on the ezx having grown tired of waiting on the derringer. DemonWorks told me that with the technology he knows going into the derringer that it would be his choice but givin the pretty mild gains they’re getting I’m not sure it’s worth waiting on much longer. I even called banks last week and just got a “it’s in development”.
I

Will the Derringer have the same type wiring harness that you have to remove before going in for service? I was reading reviews and watched install video. They show 45 minutes just to install, if everything goes ok. Tick Tok, banks is running out of time.. .... .. .... .. .

Will the Derringer have the same type wiring harness that you have to remove before going in for service? I was reading reviews and watched install video. They show 45 minutes just to install, if everything goes ok. Tick Tok, banks is running out of time.. .... .. .... .. .
Assuming it’s like on other vehicles it’ll have the under hood harness with a wire that has to go through the firewall and connect to an idash. If the under hood unit can be disconnected from the wire going to the cab it should be pretty quick to remove. I agree banks is quickly running out of time, at this rate %90 of the people in this market will have already gone elsewhere when they finally release it.

I am picking up my 2024 this morning from the dealer but when I went and paid for things a couple days ago I was told that GM is monitoring everything now and can even tell when something has been connected to the ODB port. Small dealer near me who knows that I might add some things and was just giving me a heads up that if the truck comes in for an warranty work that will be the first thing that they will check for. Maybe why Banks hasn't popped out anything as of yet?

I’ve been very tempted to pull the trigger on the ezx having grown tired of waiting on the derringer. DemonWorks told me that with the technology he knows going into the derringer that it would be his choice but givin the pretty mild gains they’re getting I’m not sure it’s worth waiting on much longer. I even called banks last week and just got a “it’s in development”.
I
Same! While I like the I Dash system within Banks, it’s not a need for me. I do like how I can run the EZX off an app solely.

I’d love to see some real world reviews of the edge. My concern with the transmission. They state that all factory safeties are in place but when I called them they couldn’t tell me if the ezx is still sending modified signals to the ecm when shifting and converter lockup is occurring meaning that while the ecm is still defueling under these conditions the engine is still producing higher than normal outputs. Banks claims that the derringer will know when shifting and converter lockup is going to occur and revert to stock levels to prevent added wear. They also claim to be able to increase line pressure too which edge says is not possible with inline tuning. Hopefully someone with the abilities will get some good testing soon.

Appears maybe the derringer is dead. No longer shown on banks website and some of the retailers that have had is listed as coming soon no longer show it either.

Appears maybe the derringer is dead. No longer shown on banks website and some of the retailers that have had is listed as coming soon no longer show it either.
Heard that too….bummer. If the Banks rumor is true, I’m going demonworks throws the EXZ in his truck for some real world feedback.

Heard that too….bummer. If the Banks rumor is true, I’m going demonworks throws the EXZ in his truck for some real world feedback.
I’d love demonworks to do some in depth testing on the ezx aswell. Unfortunately he’s got an lz0 and the ezx doesn’t work with the lm2 refresh or lz0 yet. Hopefully some reviews start popping up soon, I don’t want to be the guinea pig.

I am picking up my 2024 this morning from the dealer but when I went and paid for things a couple days ago I was told that GM is monitoring everything now and can even tell when something has been connected to the ODB port. Small dealer near me who knows that I might add some things and was just giving me a heads up that if the truck comes in for an warranty work that will be the first thing that they will check for. Maybe why Banks hasn't popped out anything as of yet?
I have a 2024 GMC 2500 AT4X AEV and I recently purchased the banks Pedal Monster. I took my truck for an oil change and tire rotation along with what the dealer calls a 7,500 maintenance multipoint inspection but I removed the pedal monster right before I took it to the dealer and they made zero comments. My thoughts are that if something happens and you take it to the dealer to get it fixed under warranty they probably have a way to determine if an aftermarket device/module had been used. But if you’re just taking the truck in for standard maintenance it won’t come up, that’s just my opinion based on what I’ve experienced.

Hope Demonworks throws an EXZ in his rig then.
I’d love demonworks to do some in depth testing on the ezx aswell. Unfortunately he’s got an lz0 and the ezx doesn’t work with the lm2 refresh or lz0 yet. Hopefully some reviews start popping up soon, I don’t want to be the guinea pig.
That’s right….and I feel you there! If I come across anything, I’ll share it here.

I have a 2024 GMC 2500 AT4X AEV and I recently purchased the banks Pedal Monster. I took my truck for an oil change and tire rotation along with what the dealer calls a 7,500 maintenance multipoint inspection but I removed the pedal monster right before I took it to the dealer and they made zero comments. My thoughts are that if something happens and you take it to the dealer to get it fixed under warranty they probably have a way to determine if an aftermarket device/module had been used. But if you’re just taking the truck in for standard maintenance it won’t come up, that’s just my opinion based on what I’ve experienced.
I have the same vehicle as yours. Did the Pedal Monster make any difference? Not sure if it helps but this vehicle is very responsive and I don't notice a lag, besides I stopped flooring it now anyway, nothing left to prove. The speed limiter kicks in at around 95mph (when I tested it); just as well since my Mickey Thompson Tires are rated at 100mph and I would not want to have them pop out hence stick to driving under 80mph. I drive my Mercedes when I have a need for speed; it is also a diesel.

Last edited:
I have the same vehicle as yours. Did the Pedal Monster make any difference? Not sure if it helps but this vehicle is very responsive and I don't notice a lag, besides I stopped flooring it now anyway, nothing left to prove. The speed limiter kicks in at around 95mph (when I tested it); just as well since my Mickey Thompson Tires are rated at 100mph and I would not want to have them pop out hence stick to driving under 80mph. I drive my Mercedes when I have a need for speed; it is also a diesel.
It made a huge difference and even more responsive. The fact that you can make level adjustments in each category (Stock, City, Sport, and Track) is impressive. Definitely adds to the driving experience. But I do the same, if I have the need for speed, I’ll drive my M3 Comp.

It made a huge difference and even more responsive. The fact that you can make level adjustments in each category (Stock, City, Sport, and Track) is impressive. Definitely adds to the driving experience. But I do the same, if I have the need for speed, I’ll drive my M3 Comp.
I looked at reviews and decided to pass on this upgrade for now. I don't want something sticking out under the dash attached to OBD port with zip ties etc. I'd rather send the ECU to a tuner guy and have him reprogram it when available; no hurry at this time. With over $136K invested in this truck, I have no problem spending any amount if it makes sense and is something I can permanently leave in there without affecting aesthetics.

Last edited:

Back