Hit and Run

nabatron

Reaction score
Well didn’t even have my truck for a year and someone back into my truck at work. They left a note with their number. The damage doesn’t seem to be too bad because I have PPE on the front but that will need to be replaced. Called the lady went to voicemail. Sent her a text and swapped a few text back and forth not sure if the person is going to even attempt to pay for her damage. Another note I tried using the GMC app to turn on my truck and now it doesn’t receive the signal from my phone.

In this situation what would you guys do? I’m in Canada btw.

You can keep trying to get her to take action, but doesn’t sound like she’s eager too. I would contact my insurance company and let them contact this person. Also send them all the info and texts you have from her to add to the case.

You can keep trying to get her to take action, but doesn’t sound like she’s eager too. I would contact my insurance company and let them contact this person. Also send them all the info and texts you have from her to add to the case.
I talked to a car insurance person at my work. They said to put a claim in if it’s more than my deductible. If it’s more then I should put a claim but downside there will be a record of it on my vehicle saying it was in an accident.

I talked to a car insurance person at my work. They said to put a claim in if it’s more than my deductible. If it’s more then I should put a claim but downside there will be a record of it on my vehicle saying it was in an accident.
Yea, you have to way the cost of the deductible to the repair costs. Not sure accident record would be much of an issue long term, especially if you keep the paperwork. You can show how minor it is.

Yea, you have to way the cost of the deductible to the repair costs. Not sure accident record would be much of an issue long term, especially if you keep the paperwork. You can show how minor it is.
Might wait till she shows up to my work today and go from there. Kind of just want her to pay for the new PPE and not got through insurance but if she’s not willing to do that that I’m going to have to go through her insurance and make a claim. Such a pain in the ass for this shit lol.

Yeah talked to the lady who hit my truck she seems like she could be on some meds. Her words “so sorry I didn’t see it” I was like you didn’t see my truck? How? It’s so big! She was with her husband and he pretty much did all the talking for her. I told him that the film would have to be replaced and noticed also she dented my bumper to and that would have to be fixed. Most likely will have to go through his insurance because the PPF will cost $599 to be replaced and the dent probably another couple hundred to pull out.

Called on star to try and get the app working and I’m not sure if her hitting my truck some how disabled the auto start feature on the app. The lady from on star couldn’t get it to work either so now she passed it on to a different team to try and fix it.

Got an estimate to fix the dent on my bumper and safe to say this one was a bit of a shocker. Talked to the collision owner is my guess and he said trying to take the dent out was a no go since it would potentially crack the paint. He said he would order a new bumper and when they remove it would asses if there was anymore damage behind the bumper. The estimate just to replace the bumper was around $4500 and it could be more depending on other findings.

Attachments

• IMG_3729.jpeg
    IMG_3729.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3728.jpeg
    IMG_3728.jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3730.jpeg
    IMG_3730.jpeg
    198.4 KB · Views: 38
Also to do the PPF I got a quote from my dealer and it would be around $600. Safe to say this ladies insurance will be going up a few bucks!

Got an estimate to fix the dent on my bumper and safe to say this one was a bit of a shocker. Talked to the collision owner is my guess and he said trying to take the dent out was a no go since it would potentially crack the paint. He said he would order a new bumper and when they remove it would asses if there was anymore damage behind the bumper. The estimate just to replace the bumper was around $4500 and it could be more depending on other findings.
Holy moly! Not saying I would wish that upon anyone, but it would be a great time to get a winching bumper, winch, off-road lights and a few tanks of fuel, if'n that was your taste!

No wonder ins rates have gone up.

I'm sorry you have to go through this.

Holy moly! Not saying I would wish that upon anyone, but it would be a great time to get a winching bumper, winch, off-road lights and a few tanks of fuel, if'n that was your taste!

No wonder ins rates have gone up.

I'm sorry you have to go through this.
It’s all good! Atleast this time with a new bumper I’ll get them not to drill holes in the front for the license plate. Hate the look of the front end with a license plate drilled in.

Well didn’t even have my truck for a year and someone back into my truck at work. They left a note with their number. The damage doesn’t seem to be too bad because I have PPE on the front but that will need to be replaced. Called the lady went to voicemail. Sent her a text and swapped a few text back and forth not sure if the person is going to even attempt to pay for her damage. Another note I tried using the GMC app to turn on my truck and now it doesn’t receive the signal from my phone.

In this situation what would you guys do? I’m in Canada btw.
This is precisely one of the reasons I very recently had a dashcam with LTE and live cloud service, installed on my truck; you were lucky the lady left a note with her phone #

This is precisely one of the reasons I very recently had a dashcam with LTE and live cloud service, installed on my truck; you were lucky the lady left a note with her phone #
Yeah almost got t-boned on the way to the gym just now. It could have taking out my drivers side rear quarter. People literally need to pay more attention!

Even at my old age, I've become a somewhat better, careful and more alert driver since I purchased this truck, since its longer, taller and a lot heavier than my previous larger vehicle which was a ford expedtion SUV; admittedly it does not help or protect us from other stupid drivers.

Back