Does a new AT4 HD need a level kit?

Viking Truck

Reaction score
Still trying to decide between a 1500/2500 as well as AT4/AT4X. I know just about all of the 1500's need a level kit but does the 2500 come with that factory rake also? Local dealers have inventory too low to check in person. Of course "need" is an opinion but there is no question a 1500 is lower in front than the rear.

In my experience, all trucks come stock with a rake except for may the Raptor and TRX. The rake is there by design for towing. If you want the truck leveled, you will need to level or lift.

My 2024 2500 AT4 has a very slight rake…I wish it was a little more pronounced. If I wanted it dead level it would only take a couple turns on the torsion key bolts.

Attachments

• 5F4FAE8C-4CAF-418E-A0A3-F92C9B318D45.jpeg
    5F4FAE8C-4CAF-418E-A0A3-F92C9B318D45.jpeg
    194.6 KB · Views: 123
My 23 AT4 HD has a 1/2” rake from the factory. Idk how much others have but that’s barely noticeable to me or the need for any leveling kit. My 2021 Denali Dually was the same with 1/2” rake.

Note- I measured on level asphalt front and rear to middle bottom of the fenders where the fender light is the center point:

I’m currently driving a ram 1500 and trading it in today for my first diesel 24’ 2500. The truck in general have a factory rake. Future plans for my truck will be 3inch cognito lift with new wheels and tires.

I’m currently driving a ram 1500 and trading it in today for my first diesel 24’ 2500. The truck in general have a factory rake. Future plans for my truck will be 3inch cognito lift with new wheels and tires.
Please post pics and details when you do! I am so on the fence about what to do with 23 to get 35's on her!

3.5" lift Fox w/ Cognito UCA. 35x11.50 R20 TOYO AT3...1/2" rake
Why not 12.50? From what I can tell there is a good bit of difference in price just because they are more popular. Did you use the kit with the 1" rear block? I can't find a 3.5" lift from Cognito. Can you please post a link?

Last edited:
Why not 12.50? From what I can tell there is a good bit of difference in price just because they are more popular. Did you use the kit with the 1" rear block? I can't find a 3.5" lift from Cognito. Can you please post a link?
Sorry 3"... Took off a 3.5" ReadyLift

Cognito Motorsports 3" Performance Leveling Kit with Fox PS 2.0 IFP Shocks - 110-P0779​

I had NITTO Ridge Grapplers 35x12.50...preferred AT3 11.50, quieter, better mpg....a little less detritus side slinging. The NITTO were not difficult to sell.

3.5" lift Fox w/ Cognito UCA. 35x11.50 R20 TOYO AT3...1/2" rake
How is your ride? I have the exact same lift/shock, but with Recon Grapplers. The bounce in the truck is terrible compared to the factory ride. Everything I read was about how this lift will maintain factory ride quality and I must say it does not. I had mine installed by a pro, but geez it is nothing like I thought it would be. I hate driving down a bumpy freeway or the dreaded speed bump. I'm into it for 8K miles so they should be broke in.

How is your ride? I have the exact same lift/shock, but with Recon Grapplers. The bounce in the truck is terrible compared to the factory ride. Everything I read was about how this lift will maintain factory ride quality and I must say it does not. I had mine installed by a pro, but geez it is nothing like I thought it would be. I hate driving down a bumpy freeway or the dreaded speed bump. I'm into it for 8K miles so they should be broke in.
What air pressure are you running when you don;t have a load?

I started with more air, but in the last month, I have gone down to 56 front 65 rear and did not notice a difference.

I have LoadLifter 7500XL bags with the internal jounce bumper. I've tried it with 5psi, but they should not come into play when there is no load.

I started with more air, but in the last month, I have gone down to 56 front 65 rear and did not notice a difference.

I have LoadLifter 7500XL bags with the internal jounce bumper. I've tried it with 5psi, but they should not come into play when there is no load.
I would go lower, especially in the rear unless towing or hauling heavy.

Back