Decided on the GM Kicker sub

I purchased the knob, had it in the truck and told the service advisor to plug it in at install and run under carpet to the console. when i picked up the truck, the knob was still in the package, thats when he told me the amp didnt have the jack. I threw a little fit lol and they ended up removing the thing while I was there to prove you couldnt add a knob, which led to the call to tech support at Kicker. I've messed with radio eq adjustments in the beginning but havent anymore for quite awhile, found my sweet spot and yes, when a song I like comes on, Im around half volume or above, when the sub really comes alive. At low volume, its more background muddy bass which is ok since my wife talking substitutes for music lol
Ah as I suspected. There is nothing more to be done for my set up then. Going to return it.

Just got an email from GMPARTSDirect they have been getting all stock new from supplier . As old stock has run out. They also said I received NEW stock. Im more confused now. If this helps.
Is there different part numbers for the old and new subs?

I’m considering getting one too. Just straight wire in and use the sound setting in the radio. I’ve heard folks are happy with it.

Shopchevyparts.com has them for $829 and then 20% off. Haven’t seen them cheaper
yes but shop chevy way over charges on shipping
UPS Ground (Saturday Delivery) Insured - Est Delivery: Saturday April 20, 2024$209.15
UPS 3 Day Select Insured - Est Delivery: Tuesday April 23, 2024$723.36
UPS 2nd Day Air Insured - Est Delivery: Monday April 22, 2024$902.64
UPS 2nd Day Air (Saturday Delivery) Insured - Est Delivery: Saturday April 20, 2024$958.92
UPS Next Day Air Insured - Est Delivery: Friday April 19, 2024$1,065.53

had mine shipped to dealer for free. GM Accessories often does 20% off on electronics. i paid 764 installed using $28 award pts
Subtotal (1 Items):$749.00
Manufacture Coupon - GET20-$149.80
Price after Manufacturer Offer$599.20
Installation:$130.00
2805 My GMC Rewards-$28.05
Sales Tax:$63.04
Order Total: $764.19

Thanks for all this great info! I've been on the fence for a while and was disappointed that they switched the design to 'no knob'. However, I think I may make the plunge, would really like to get some better sound, and as others have said, I'm a Borla Touring kinda guy, so don't need anything extravagant. Been looking all over the internet - where did you get it for $675 including shipping? That seems like a great price! Also, seen some other discussions online about installing by tapping the Bose sub wires and not tapping the speaker lines as instructed in the official instructions. Anyone have experience doing it that way? Wonder if the bass would be more utilizing the true bass speaker wires? I've removed the center console in my rig for a center seat (4 kids and need all the seats), so my Bose sub is already removed...

Thanks for all this great info! I've been on the fence for a while and was disappointed that they switched the design to 'no knob'. However, I think I may make the plunge, would really like to get some better sound, and as others have said, I'm a Borla Touring kinda guy, so don't need anything extravagant. Been looking all over the internet - where did you get it for $675 including shipping? That seems like a great price! Also, seen some other discussions online about installing by tapping the Bose sub wires and not tapping the speaker lines as instructed in the official instructions. Anyone have experience doing it that way? Wonder if the bass would be more utilizing the true bass speaker wires? I've removed the center console in my rig for a center seat (4 kids and need all the seats), so my Bose sub is already removed...
GMPARTSDIRECT either direct or in eBay.

Email them ask if you can get it for $675. They were on sale and I missed it. They sent me an offer and I purchased it.

yes but shop chevy way over charges on shipping
UPS Ground (Saturday Delivery) Insured - Est Delivery: Saturday April 20, 2024$209.15
UPS 3 Day Select Insured - Est Delivery: Tuesday April 23, 2024$723.36
UPS 2nd Day Air Insured - Est Delivery: Monday April 22, 2024$902.64
UPS 2nd Day Air (Saturday Delivery) Insured - Est Delivery: Saturday April 20, 2024$958.92
UPS Next Day Air Insured - Est Delivery: Friday April 19, 2024$1,065.53
Wow. I’m OUT!!

Just got an email from GMPARTSDirect they have been getting all stock new from supplier . As old stock has run out. They also said I received NEW stock. Im more confused now. If this helps.
I'm thinking of attempting to source the old unit. That said, how is your bass at lower volumes?

Back