Coil over ride quality

chaseydog

Reaction score
Purchased a 24 AT4 3.0L is January and have been very happy with the truck except for the Rancho shocks. I’m not at the point where I’m pulling the trigger on swapping them out ,but I am looking into what my options will be. I’m currently thinking either Eibach Stage 2’s or Bilstein 6112/5160’s. Not currently towing, but a 4000lbs Overland camper at some point is a possibility. Usage would be 90% on road, 10% fire road and trails, but not planning on any rock climbing or hard off roading.

My question has to do with ride height. I believe that both the Eibach’s and Bilstein’s can be set up to keep the current ride height or to add enough ride height to level the truck. While leveling might afford me larger wheels and some prefer the leveled look to the raked look neither of those is as important to me as ride quality. Which option offers the best ride quality, no lift, max lift, or some setting in between?

Did you ever settle on new shocks? I'm searching for new shocks for my truck, and the Eibach Stage 2s are an option I'm considering. According to their site, the Eibachs are adjustable from +0-2.9" Front and +0-1.5" Rear.

Did you ever settle on new shocks? I'm searching for new shocks for my truck, and the Eibach Stage 2s are an option I'm considering. According to their site, the Eibachs are adjustable from +0-2.9" Front and +0-1.5" Rear.
Not yet. I was talking with one of the local 4x4 shops. His opinion was that while 2” shocks like the Bilstein 5100’s and the Eibach stage 2’s are an improvement over stock if you want to see a dramatic improvement you should step up to Fox 2.5’s.

I’ve seen a few posts on some of the Chevy/GMC forums that support that argument with one or two who have had Fox/King 2.5 setups as well as DSSV with the 4X and found the Fox or King 2.5’s to be superior.

The 2.5’s are of course a significant step up in terms of cost as well. Still in the thinking it over stage and likely will be until later in the year.

I actually went down the 2.5” coilover wormhole today lol. Too many goddamn choices and definitely a steep jump in price.

The 2.5” Fox Performance Elite w/ Resis full set is tempting but expensive.

Also checked out Eibach’s Pro Truck Lift Stage 2. Found quite a few reviews and folks seem fairly happy with them. Also these are way more reasonable than the full Fox 2.5” set.

Back