Automatic folding mirrors.

Viking Truck

Reaction score
I am struggling with the auto folding mirrors. I have to park my truck in the driveway so I have the auto locking selected in order to not mess that up.

When I have auto folding mirrors unselected I cant get the mirrors to fold with the FOB but the button works inside.

When I have auto folding mirrors selected the mirrors fold every time the vehicle is locked. This is too much. Today I filled up. Dont need the mirrors to fold at the gas station but they did. Then I wanted to adjust rear seating area cargo on the passenger side. Had to unlock and unfold mirrors happened auto. Then closed door and it locked and folded again.

I want to keep auto lock turned on but I dont need the mirrors folding so much and and willing to use the FOB to fold when needed.

Has anyone figured this out?

On my 2020 with power folding tow mirrors, I keep auto folding disabled. I run them manually in and out of the garage. If I want to power fold in a parking spot, I simply press and hold the lock button. After 2 seconds or less, the mirrors will fold in and the truck is fully locked.

I am struggling with the auto folding mirrors. I have to park my truck in the driveway so I have the auto locking selected in order to not mess that up.

When I have auto folding mirrors unselected I cant get the mirrors to fold with the FOB but the button works inside.

When I have auto folding mirrors selected the mirrors fold every time the vehicle is locked. This is too much. Today I filled up. Dont need the mirrors to fold at the gas station but they did. Then I wanted to adjust rear seating area cargo on the passenger side. Had to unlock and unfold mirrors happened auto. Then closed door and it locked and folded again.

I want to keep auto lock turned on but I dont need the mirrors folding so much and and willing to use the FOB to fold when needed.

Has anyone figured this out?
Page 37 of your OM...

Screenshot_20240502_183220_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Yes, I actually read the owners manual but this time that procedure did not work. I will try it again. Where the manual directs you to mirrors the only option is auto fold mirrors on or off.

Edit, as in my picture below its actually titled "Remote Mirror Folding".

Last edited:
Yes, I actually read the owners manual but this time that procedure did not work. I will try it again. Where the manual directs you to mirrors the only option is auto fold mirrors on or off.
There is a setting onboard that turns the ability to use your remote on/off. I recall seeing it in my infotainment somewhere.

When this is turned off as in the picture the mirrors will only fold with the button on the drivers door. With it turned on the mirrors fold automatically every time the vehicle is locked.

It doesn't do what it says. I have tried it a couple of times and I'm certain. This is why I asked the question the first time.

The whole idea of not wanting to fold the mirrors when I dont need or want them to fold is that I'm trying to cut down on the wear and tear. Now if I walk a couple steps away and forget to fold and go back to do it, the running board will deploy, another movement I hate to see going on when unnecessary. My last set of tow mirrors quit folding and did fold them enough to make sure they were "exercised".

IMG_0445.JPG

Try keeping that setting in your picture off. Then with your fob press lock and then press and hold lock within 3 seconds.

Thanks. Just tried that. Does not work. I do think that is what worked with my other truck but it's gone and I didnt fold the last few years I had it. The fact that they fold every time the truck is locked should not be titled "Remote Mirror Folding".

Damn, sounds like a visit to service is in order. Sounds like a software flash might cure it.

Damn, sounds like a visit to service is in order. Sounds like a software flash might cure it.
I'm thinking same thing. I'll have to live with it until it needs an important warranty repair. I avoid dealers as much as I can. I'm going to get used to folding with button on door.

Most reactions

Back