Airhorn Installation - Thoughts

How many horns do you want? You can install a single/double horn setup without the tire delete. The sound isn’t as loud but it is a lot louder than stock. I have a single horn installed behind my grill. Took about an hour once I found a spot. It has a much smaller air compressor so there are more install locations. Draw about 16-18amps so easy to add a relay or wire to a gang switch.
View attachment 38286
Agree, I would rather not loose the spare tire as well. Lots of room behind the grill for horns or trumpets. I installed 2 pairs of PIAA super Bass horns behind the grill sounds like similar to you.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3144.webp
    IMG_3144.webp
    245.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3143.webp
    IMG_3143.webp
    321.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3146.webp
    IMG_3146.webp
    165.8 KB · Views: 34
Sounds like a great deal! Do you have any photos by chance? I get blown up on here with, if there are no pics it didn't happen..... I believe you but I would like to see what a 5G Spare Tire Delete is and how it looks installed.. And since we are talking about a horn we might need a sound clip..... Thank you in advance!!!
 

OK that awesome! That looks like the same kit I have, Do you know if you used the 4 long "foot" bolts with the rubber on the end? I was looking under there and not sure what I would be able to make contact with when cranked up all the way.. Looks like yours is just cranked up to the top of the mount to frame parts that the spare tire would normally touch. Looks good, I like that you can barely see it from the back. What switch did you use or is it wired up to you steering wheel horn? Thx again!
 

its the switch that came with it
the guy said he didn't trust the cables or crank so he bolted it
so i wouldn't loose it going down a bumpy road
 

I put a Leslie RS3K on one of my past trucks with a in cab under steering wheel metered train horn valve.

Put them between fuel fill and rear tire well CCLB - so room, fabricated brackets to make them fit and bolted to frame

Passenger side between cab and rear wheel well I mounted a 9 gallon air tank.

Twin viar compressors were mounted under cover in the truck bed

Airlines down the frame and up the passenger pillar, under dash to the valve, back down driver side pillar (drilled holes and used bulk head air line fittings....then back to the horns ....put a valved accessory airline quick connect under the bumper by the hitch receiver.

Was a sick set up.

Some looking around underneath and you can find room to make things work for a slick set up .... But does take some work to do a metered valve set up. But it is rewarding.
 

Have you heard of the Cadillac 4 note horn? I know it's not as loud as a air horn but I have them on my Tundra. Used it the other day under an overpass when a lady decided to change lanes without looking and almost hit me. The extra echo off the concrete above scared the $@it out of her.
 

I put a Leslie RS3K on one of my past trucks with a in cab under steering wheel metered train horn valve.

Put them between fuel fill and rear tire well CCLB - so room, fabricated brackets to make them fit and bolted to frame

Passenger side between cab and rear wheel well I mounted a 9 gallon air tank.

Twin viar compressors were mounted under cover in the truck bed

Airlines down the frame and up the passenger pillar, under dash to the valve, back down driver side pillar (drilled holes and used bulk head air line fittings....then back to the horns ....put a valved accessory airline quick connect under the bumper by the hitch receiver.

Was a sick set up.

Some looking around underneath and you can find room to make things work for a slick set up .... But does take some work to do a metered valve set up. But it is rewarding.
Nice work! Do you have any pictures of your accessory airline quick connect under the bumper by the hitch receiver? I finally got my horn installed over the weekend...
 

Nice work! Do you have any pictures of your accessory airline quick connect under the bumper by the hitch receiver? I finally got my horn installed over the weekend...
I did find a couple ;)
 

Attachments

  • utf-8BTG93ZXIgU2FsZm9yZC0yMDEyMDQyNC0wMDY2Ni5qcGc.webp
    utf-8BTG93ZXIgU2FsZm9yZC0yMDEyMDQyNC0wMDY2Ni5qcGc.webp
    20 KB · Views: 1
  • 20130630_202851.webp
    20130630_202851.webp
    30.8 KB · Views: 1
Love all the horns install. Here I never use the horn and don't know if my factory horn even works :unsure:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top