2024 1500 AT4X AEV level kit

sahmwagner

Reaction score
New to the forum, but long time GMC owner. Last GMC was a 2013 1500 4x4 and got almost 400k on it before the transmission went out and decided instead of spending the money on a new tranny with that many miles on the truck I would break down and buy a new one. I just picked up a 2024 1500 AT4X AEV in thunderstorm grey and wanted to get recommendations on a level kit for the front. Please let me know what you recommend.
I will be doing the following as parts come in.
1) lighted front gmc logo.
2) black out emblems for the rest of the truck
3) kicker subwoofer for under the back seat
4) black out tint all the way around
5) retractable tonneau cover for the bed
6) ceramic coating the whole truck

Attachments

• IMG_1150.jpeg
    IMG_1150.jpeg
    358.3 KB · Views: 339
i have the same truck and color. Looking forward to seeing how these modifications look. I wonder if there is already a harness in the grill for the lighted emblem or will you need to run your own?? I was thinking about a bed slide unit and i wanted to see if some of these plastic panels in the bumpers pop out so i can add some lights.

I am going to have the dealer install the lighted emblem in the grill so that hopefully it will be done right along with the sub. the other emblems I am having my detailer install when he goes to ceramic coat the truck.

I wouldn't mess with this truck's suspension. People are fitting 1" larger tires than factory without it. And if you put 100 pounds in the bed, the back end sinks a half inch already...leveling it some in reverse. I mean people do what they want and there are folks here who have leveled their at4x's and they aren't stupid for doing so. It looks good *more* level. But IMO this suspension is special, it rides almost as good as a Raptor. It's by far the nicest riding GM vehicle I've witnessed (including Cadillacs). And it's at its most capable right now pre-level.

I have the non-AEV 1500 AT4X and put the readylift upper a arms with their top 1" strut spacer to level it a bit and then stuck 33.9" tires on 20s with a +20 offset.

There's a few other threads on here if you search I'm sure you'll find em'

I wouldn't mess with this truck's suspension. People are fitting 1" larger tires than factory without it. And if you put 100 pounds in the bed, the back end sinks a half inch already...leveling it some in reverse. I mean people do what they want and there are folks here who have leveled their at4x's and they aren't stupid for doing so. It looks good *more* level. But IMO this suspension is special, it rides almost as good as a Raptor. It's by far the nicest riding GM vehicle I've witnessed (including Cadillacs). And it's at its most capable right now pre-level.
If you don’t mind what type of tires are they fitting w/o leveling. I would like to keep the MT tires but move up at least an inch I have an AEV. Is it doable?

I know that peak suspensions make a kit for the at4x along with an upper control arm as well.

I have decided to go with a Readylift level kit. it is a 1-1/2" lift on the front and still retains all the four wheel drive features which is very important b/c of the off roading I do plus the 4x4 shop I am using recommended it.

I have decided to go with a Readylift level kit. it is a 1-1/2" lift on the front and still retains all the four wheel drive features which is very important b/c of the off roading I do plus the 4x4 shop I am using recommended it.
How did it end up working? On their site it only has it through 2023 for AT4X. Readylift is the one I want to go with, but didn't want to purchase if it didn't fit.

i have the same truck and color. Looking forward to seeing how these modifications look. I wonder if there is already a harness in the grill for the lighted emblem or will you need to run your own?? I was thinking about a bed slide unit and i wanted to see if some of these plastic panels in the bumpers pop out so i can add some lights.
There should already be a harness for it and it's plug & play. I installed one in my '21 AT4 and one in my wife's '23 Yukon AT4 and aside from having to go in through the driver front wheel well on the Yukon, install was pretty straight-forward and simple. But from what I understand, they're on super secret infinite backorder due to manufacturing issues because they leaked and failed prematurely. The one on our Yukon lasted all of about 9 months before it started to go dim and eventually failed completely.

How did it end up working? On their site it only has it through 2023 for AT4X. Readylift is the one I want to go with, but didn't want to purchase if it didn't fit.
it worked out great. I go back to the shop every 5000 miles to make sure it is all tight.

Not without rubbing they are, and don't change the offset. alot of trimming when you do that. From the factory, the 35's were rubbing. My buddy is a plant manager and they have to make adjustments. I put -44 offsets on mine and it was quite the chore.

Back