2022 Refresh with Factory Option Performance Exhaust - Exchanged Muffler???

MattB

Reaction score
I purchased my truck and it had the sticker GM Performance Exhaust option. I thought that this option would give the truck some more sound but it is still very very quiet. This option does not have resonators. My question is has anyone replaced the muffler in this performance exhaust with another muffler for more sound? I am curious if so what the results have been.

Maybe look at sticker and see if there is a credit in the options section, some of these trucks were coming in with things left off. I got my AT4x (took what I could find on a lot), it did not have the GM Performance Exhaust. I ordered the exhaust from GM and had local dealer install, ( so all is under factory warr.) it is MUCH louder! I would say, telling my age here, think of stock exhaust on a truck back in the day- then putting headers on it. But, I would add it all over again! Sporty truck needs a rumble to it, just sayin.

Maybe look at sticker and see if there is a credit in the options section, some of these trucks were coming in with things left off. I got my AT4x (took what I could find on a lot), it did not have the GM Performance Exhaust. I ordered the exhaust from GM and had local dealer install, ( so all is under factory warr.) it is MUCH louder! I would say, telling my age here, think of stock exhaust on a truck back in the day- then putting headers on it. But, I would add it all over again! Sporty truck needs a rumble to it, just sayin.
Thanks, mine defintely has the sticker option performance exhaust on it. No resonators but still pretty quiet.

Hard to tell on IPad, but they close. Also, yours has more tailpipe coming thru bumper. The x does not come thru, it exhaust under the truck, kinda louder sound chamber. I got GM Part Number 19433388
6.2L Cat Back Dual Rear Exit Upgrade System for Short Wheel Base Models by Borla

Purchased the Borla exhaust from GMC Accessories and dealership installed when I purchased. On a 2021 6.2 Don’t know if this helps or not, i can look up part # later if you need

Purchased the Borla exhaust from GMC Accessories and dealership installed when I purchased. On a 2021 6.2 Don’t know if this helps or not, i can look up part # later if you need
That is something more like what I was hoping for sound wise. Do you get any droning?

Part number would be great!

No droning whatsoever. It is the mildest of the Borla options. Give me a bit to look up part #

Attachments

• DFFD3152-C60D-4626-A786-F91691FB9B41.png
    DFFD3152-C60D-4626-A786-F91691FB9B41.png
    198.4 KB · Views: 39
I wonder why mine is so much quieter? DO they get louder with mileage?

Mine has only about 1000 miles on it, but it has not changed since install. I would think ours maybe the same, mine was 1799.00. Came from diff place, hence diff part number.

Mine is Part Number 19419434.

Based on the schematic photos the kits look the same except for the tips.. I don't understand.

Back