2022 Refresh Order Experience

That’s infuriating. I know how frustrated I was when mine finally showed up in Nov. Honeslly at this point if I were you I’d just start shopping 23s. They’re showing up with discounts places. Probably still a little more than what you’re locked into but the resale value would offset that. Good luck man.
That’s infuriating. I know how frustrated I was when mine finally showed up in Nov. Honeslly at this point if I were you I’d just start shopping 23s. They’re showing up with discounts places. Probably still a little more than what you’re locked into but the resale value would offset that. Good luck man.
Very frustrating. Ordered mine March, (2022 AT4 6.2) built in June, still sitting in Mexico. I don’t understand how new Identical truck, but 2023 is sitting at dealer waiting to be sold and I haven’t received my 2022? Haven’t heard from my dealer about any discount. But my truck I’m trading in probably dropped $4000- $5000 . And no one’s has any answers.

Received an encouraging email from GM this morning stated my vehicle has left the factory and is headed towards the next stage of its journey, finally something positive.
Ordered in March and truck was built June 3 in Mexico. I hope I get it before a full year from time of order.

I also got an email this morning saying truck left factory and headed to the next step of my journey . Mine was also ordered in March and built in June. AT4 , titanium rush, 6.2 , premium package 2022. I wondering how much longer to get to dealership? A month? Now, I wonder how much my 2018 F150 sport depreciated since March? They originally offered me $36500, but offer only good for 10 days. Hopefully they will work with me on a fair price? I still can’t understand how there are 2023 identical truck sitting at dealerships and this 2022 is still in Mexico? Maybe a Certain dollar amount off the original sticker price, for waiting so long? Hopefully the dealer and GMC does the right thing to keep from losing customers, because so far this has been a negative experience. 🤷‍♂️

Mine was like 16 days from that first email till it got to the dealer but I believe Laura is close to the rail network. Flying out Friday to get it.

These trucks are taking longer to get than the TRX I ordered last January and got it in June. Guess I got lucky last week when I found a AT4 with all the stuff I wanted on the lot without having to order. Hope everyone gets there trucks soon.

Not sure if anyone is still looking for other options but looks for like the AT4 I ordered is making its way to the dealership. Received an email saying In Route on 01.24.23. Window sticker attached. Sterling Auto Group, Bryan, TX. I dealt with Adam Dunker 979-846-5555. Not sure if they will honor the sticker price or what the actual sales price is these days. I bailed and bought a Ram Rebel. This truck just took to long. Right around 11 Months from time of order.

Attachments

• 2022 AT4.pdf
    158.9 KB · Views: 66
Was at a Dr appt this morning and got a call from GM. First time ever. They are calling to see if I had got my truck yet. Told them flying to get it Friday. Kinda weird. Then saw an email from the normal email update saying we are unable to locate the vehicle and contacted the dealer to see if it had arrived their yet. They are so scrambled about all this stuff. 🤦‍♂️

Very possible. I'm getting mine this week and noticed in the dealer pics the front license plate holder and the high clearance steps were missing. They said those are installed in house. Maybe the same for your kicker system.
Not sure about the kicker (didn’t get one); but my high clearance steps were backordered. It took about 5 weeks to get them and they’ll be installed with Borla cat backs and key code buttons on Monday. Good luck; nice truck.

Has anyone been given a decent discount for waiting so long?
No considerable discounts for me, only $900. Gave me all weather floor mats and wheel locks for the wait. Just ridiculous, im guessing with orders they know you want it so its a take it or leave it kind of deal. Maybe just a crappy dealer but the only one in my area that was not charging a markup or “protection package”. Most 2023 had discounts on elevation, denali models but no one had a discount on the AT4. All this wait and still missing the park assist and seat blower. Heated seats work just fine though. Was able to get the 2.9% financing so i took it and just wanted it all to be over. Loving my truck now and 650 miles in.

Just got the call that it is leaving Mexico after being ordered a year ago. Its ETA is mid March. The salesman is hinting that I should be happy paying the price protected 66,750 MSRP. I calculated on GMC.com that a 23 would be about 4K more. I am thinking going to a discounted dealer like Laura GMC or Rivard GMC and buying a 23 might be a better move even if I have to pay a bit more. The older 3.0, sitting in a Mexican field since June, and a years worth of depreciation are things on my mind. Anybodys thoughts?

Just got the call that it is leaving Mexico after being ordered a year ago. Its ETA is mid March. The salesman is hinting that I should be happy paying the price protected 66,750 MSRP. I calculated on GMC.com that a 23 would be about 4K more. I am thinking going to a discounted dealer like Laura GMC or Rivard GMC and buying a 23 might be a better move even if I have to pay a bit more. The older 3.0, sitting in a Mexican field since June, and a years worth of depreciation are things on my mind. Anybodys thoughts?

Waiting over a year for a new vehicle is ridiculous. I would have jumped ship a long time ago.

Will this be a 2022 model year truck, or a 2023? That alone is worth ditching the deal over if it will be a 2022 model year. Sitting on a lot since June in Mexico is just ridiculous. Once someone puts in the order, it seems they are put on the back burner.

I have never ordered a vehicle, and with the delays since Covid never would now. I'd go find one at a current dealers lot, or one coming into a dealers lot soon, and buy that.

Either way, hope it works out for you and you are happy with the new truck you get!

Let me add, that two of my cousins (they are brothers) ordered GMC AT4's with the 3.0 also. It took well over a year for them to get their trucks. Originally, the dealership told them the price would not raise on their new trucks if there was a delay, and also the trade value of the trucks they were trading in would not decline from what the dealer said they would give them for their trucks when they agreed to do the deal and order new trucks through that dealer.

The price on the new trucks stayed the same, but the dealer said they had no choice but to lower the trade value of the trucks they traded in. I mean, it was over a year later and I assume 15K miles or more per truck of use was added in that timeframe. I think they both got about 5K less on trade, even though the dealer originally had promised to not lower their trade value.

It sounds like this is common practice now if you order and trade, if you don't trade in the vehicle right at the time of order, expect your trade value to decline. It's just that they were told and promised that wouldn't happen, but then it did.

Sounds like they like their new trucks, but are unhappy with the very long wait to get them and losing that much trade value. Said they will never order one again that way.

Back