1500 AT4 aftermarket wheels and tires - what do you have?

looks awesome! Did you have to do anything to be able to use 17" wheels? Guy at 4wheel parts said 17's wouldn't fit due to oversized calipers
Nope. Method also told me they would not fit, but I tried anyways and they fit.

2" Rough Country Leveling Kit
Method NV 17" Wheels - 0 offset
Toyo Open Country RT Tires
35/1250/R17
2" Rough Country Leveling Kit
Method NV 17" Wheels - 0 offset
Toyo Open Country RT Tires
35/1250/R17View attachment 1224View attachment 1225View attachment 1226
Looks good! Did you replace the UCA’s or anything when they did the leveling kit? My truck had the same setup but I didn’t replace the UCA’s…. Entire front wheel detached from the truck on Friday.

Looks good! Did you replace the UCA’s or anything when they did the leveling kit? My truck had the same setup but I didn’t replace the UCA’s…. Entire front wheel detached from the truck on Friday.
What caused the wheel to detach? What exactly broke first?

What caused the wheel to detach? What exactly broke first?
I am really unsure because I was on the highway and it all completely broke. I’ll attach a photo. I am assuming it’s the UCA’s that broke first. It’s still under the bumper to bumper warranty but I know GMC won’t want to cover it because of the oversized tires and leveling kit…. So that’s fine I’m going to take it to this shop and have them put it back to stock for a few hundred… take it to another dealership to get the warranty work done. Then I’ll put the readylift leveler with the new UCA’s. Might do 33’s instead of the 35’s I’m currently running too. Idk. Crazy stuff.
55F763DD-37D7-4961-8B58-70FBF1679878.jpeg
E2BA6354-82BC-4F81-8195-CB986462CBC6.jpeg

Has anyone with a stock engine (mine is the 5.3L) experienced a noticeable difference in performance when you get bigger tires? I assume gas mileage is worse, but I'm curious how much the acceleration is effected. I have the stock tires right now, but definitely want to get something more aggressive.

Just threw on the new wheels and tires.
2” Leveling kit from Icon Vehicle Dynamics
Icon Vehicle Dynamics Compression’s 17x8.5 -0 offset
Toyo Open Country ATIII 35x12.5x17
AC9FBE0F-007E-4AC6-853A-5AB21D6BF495.jpeg

19688686-7EC1-460C-8D7D-E3981662D6E6.jpeg

D1C575DF-8560-4719-A879-98B3BF2AC34E.jpeg
She’s filthy, but you get the look. I still need to tint and get the running boards on. Those will come shortly

Last edited:
Just threw on the new wheels and tires.
2” Leveling kit from Icon Vehicle Dynamics
Icon Vehicle Dynamics Compression’s 17x8.5 -0 offset
Toyo Open Country ATIII 35x12.5x17
View attachment 2024
View attachment 2025
View attachment 2026She’s filthy, but you get the look. I still need to tint and get the running boards on. Those will come shortly
Looks great with the 35’s on 17” wheel!
Do you have any rubbing on front? Seems like there would be without the mudflaps removed.
thanks

Looks great with the 35’s on 17” wheel!
Do you have any rubbing on front? Seems like there would be without the mudflaps removed.
thanks
Thanks. Yea, there has been some rubbing but a lot less than I expected. I have trimmed the corners of the mud flaps and little pieces of plastic, but its very minor.

Ok was just wondering as I have 34”s with a +1 offset wheel and had to remove mudflaps and trim front air damn, just making sure you didn’t figure out some other trick :)
Again, Great looking truck!

I am really unsure because I was on the highway and it all completely broke. I’ll attach a photo. I am assuming it’s the UCA’s that broke first. It’s still under the bumper to bumper warranty but I know GMC won’t want to cover it because of the oversized tires and leveling kit…. So that’s fine I’m going to take it to this shop and have them put it back to stock for a few hundred… take it to another dealership to get the warranty work done. Then I’ll put the readylift leveler with the new UCA’s. Might do 33’s instead of the 35’s I’m currently running too. Idk. Crazy stuff.View attachment 2016View attachment 2017
How long has the lift been on? I did not replace the UCAs but have not had any issues.

I have about 3000 miles now with the Ready Lift kit with the replacement UCA on AT4X, no issues and rides great. Would do it again!

Back