SD Card removed?

Keep getting an error on the radio screen and dash that says the SD Card has been removed but it's still in its socket. Anyone else having this issue or know a fix?
Best advice I can give is take it out and put it back in 🤣🤣🤣 Maybe try cleaning it on your shirt while it is out... Hopefully there is an easy fix, good luck.

My motorcycle GPS used to say that once in a while too. It would lose track of the SD card....and then randomly re-discover it again. Not sure what was the cause but I eventually got a different SD card and that seemed to resolve it.

My motorcycle GPS used to say that once in a while too. It would lose track of the SD card....and then randomly re-discover it again. Not sure what was the cause but I eventually got a different SD card and that seemed to resolve it.
From what I've been reading online, it's been an issue for a while. Can't just replace the SD Card as they're coded to your VIN. Dealership has to do it. A lot have said that dealerships are having to replace cables, USB slots and even whole radios.

Keep getting an error on the radio screen and dash that says the SD Card has been removed but it's still in its socket. Anyone else having this issue or know a fix?
I experienced it today with my 2022 GMC. It happened twice, and I checked, and it was inserted, but I took it out and reinserted it, but then it happened again; just kind of annoying probably call the dealership and see what they say.

This was a recurring problem in my ‘21 Denali. SD card & the card reader were replaced. Seemed to have the problem more after they were replaced.

Last edited:
I experienced it today with my 2022 GMC. It happened twice, and I checked, and it was inserted, but I took it out and reinserted it, but then it happened again; just kind of annoying probably call the dealership and see what they say.
Had my 2021 in the dealer this morning (6 Oct 2022), I was informed it has now been deemed a known issue and they are waiting for a software update.

I was having SD Card Removed Flashing on my dashboard. I tried removing the SD card which is located in the front of the center console. No luck, kept getting the error. Another test is to eject the card from the dash monitor and that didn’t resolve it either.

I then removed a USB charging cable that was plugged in below the accessory buttons and found that the lightening cord end had corrosion from touching the floor where there was water. I cleaned the end of charging and re-plugged it in and everything is working!

the USB cord was shorting out the USB for the SD card

hope it helps

Attachments

• ADF8CDC7-0992-470F-B5AB-D287296AC1EC.jpeg
    ADF8CDC7-0992-470F-B5AB-D287296AC1EC.jpeg
    236 KB · Views: 360
  • 3AE146D1-7BC1-4537-BACB-972A3C38A7E7.jpeg
    3AE146D1-7BC1-4537-BACB-972A3C38A7E7.jpeg
    312.6 KB · Views: 354
  • 98972249-E6D0-4936-9358-EACA48698E4B.jpeg
    98972249-E6D0-4936-9358-EACA48698E4B.jpeg
    244.1 KB · Views: 739
Last edited:
Just wondering. What are you guys putting on sd cards and using in the truck?

Back