Paint

KJ2000

Reaction score
I have a 2021 that I bought and the paint has a lot of deep rock chips. The paint jobs aren't like they used to be I guess. Also does anyone else have an issue with the silver trim around the fog lights peeling? This truck is only 6 mos old. It shouldn't be peeling that easy.

I have a 2021 that I bought and the paint has a lot of deep rock chips. The paint jobs aren't like they used to be I guess. Also does anyone else have an issue with the silver trim around the fog lights peeling? This truck is only 6 mos old. It shouldn't be peeling that easy.
I'm approaching the six-month mark for my AT4 and while I do have a few rock chips I don't see anything peeling around my fog lights. Could you post some pictures to give us a better idea of what you're talking about?

I've noticed that I can't keep water spots away. It doesn't matter what wax or protectant I use...water spots everywhere. And nearly impossible to remove.

I'm approaching the six-month mark for my AT4 and while I do have a few rock chips I don't see anything peeling around my fog lights. Could you post some pictures to give us a better idea of what you're talking about?

I've noticed that I can't keep water spots away. It doesn't matter what wax or protectant I use...water spots everywhere. And nearly impossible to remove.

Here is where it is peeling. Truck is less than 6 months old.

Attachments

• 20220227_125634.jpg
    20220227_125634.jpg
    388.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 20220227_125625.jpg
    20220227_125625.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 90
To me, that looks like a sort of "tint" layer to darken the chrome.

Anyways, that is the perfect reason to rip those off and paint 'em black. While you're at it, do the headlights, grille and rest of the chrome (y)

I noticed after washing my truck the other the clear coat coming off my front bumper. I’m not happy between that the still occasional non start issue it doesn’t happen very much anymore after I go through my routine but has few times and leaf springs popping going over bumps or rough areas like this thing 40 years old and damn diesel fuel is $5.00/gallon here I’m considering get rid of it while it’s worth more now than when I bought it. My truck has every option on it before they started stripping them down.

My salesman outright told me that they are using a different paint - it’s very soft,scratches and stains very easily- they went Cheap!
It’s a shame for the amount of money we spent on these truck I’ve kinda regretted trading my 2018 Sierra elevation for this one now that truck was flawless I just thought I had to have it but it is what it is.

Back