New Member - At4X HD Details

john151ama

Reaction score
Hey gang - I have been viewing the forum for a while looking for info and decided to join to share a lot of the changes I have made to my AT4X HD. Background is I ordered a 2025 F250 Platinum with Tremor package, it never got built and converted to a 2023 order. That order did not get allocation so June of 2023 I put in my order for a gas GMC AT4X HD, and had orders in for both rigs. As of October I still had not received an allocation and I found one that hit a dealer lot in Dallas Texas. I bought it over the phone and flew from Oregon to Texas got my truck and drove it the 2,500 miles home. Since October I have made a lot of changes and will post some of those details to help others. Very limited info out still on these trucks.

Mine is the Onyx black with gas engine. So far have 9k on the truck and love it. Sound system was absolutely horrible, Bose centerstage is horrible design, but with the system replacement the system sounds amazing and all factory functions work like normal.

I have added -
All new speakers and sound system (2 amps with DSP, all new wiring, all new speakers, dual voice coil sub, sound deadening in entire cab)
RetraxOne XR rolling bed cover with T channel
Gun safe
Stake pocket covers
Vivid Air tint Dark black for fender flair lights and also back up lights
Stubby antenna
Under seat storage box
Multipro step lights
Under hood LED lighting
Additional bed LED lighting
Back up lights
Bed Rail mounted swivel light pods
Nilight 6 switch panel
Prolite bumper insert
12,000 lb winch
30" curved dual row light bar
cut off isolation solenoid for winch
Bed cross racks for bike mounts
Weather tech door sills

On the to do list is Borla exhaust and Pedal Commander

Attachments

• IMG_4241.JPG
    IMG_4241.JPG
    492.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_4242.JPG
    IMG_4242.JPG
    403.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4245.JPG
    IMG_4245.JPG
    347.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4247.JPG
    IMG_4247.JPG
    365.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4248.JPG
    IMG_4248.JPG
    392 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4237.JPG
    IMG_4237.JPG
    404.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4239.JPG
    IMG_4239.JPG
    365.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4240.JPG
    IMG_4240.JPG
    381.2 KB · Views: 58
Can that winch be installed on a 2024 2500HD AT4X AEV Edition? AEV Edition has the front and rear stamped-steel bumpers. Your winch is a fraction of the cost of a Comeup winch designed for my truck. Comeup winch + install kit etc. somewhere near 24-2500

Last edited:
Can that winch be installed on a 2024 2500HD AT4X AEV Edition? AEV Edition has the front and rear stamped-steel bumpers. Your winch is a fraction of the cost of a Comeup winch designed for my truck. Comeup winch + install kit etc. somewhere near 24-2500
Not sure the provisions on the AEV bumper. The Rough Country 12,000lb is standard 4 bolt mount and fit the standard winch holes provided in the Prolite bumper insert perfectly. I suppose you could measure the holes in your bumper and confirm

Not sure the provisions on the AEV bumper. The Rough Country 12,000lb is standard 4 bolt mount and fit the standard winch holes provided in the Prolite bumper insert perfectly. I suppose you could measure the holes in your bumper and confirm
I will check. Can you please post a vehicle photo with winch installed.

Picking up my Onyx black AT4X today!!!

Your mods look great! Is the tint on the fender lights stick on?

Thanks! Yes - applied with a heat gun to soften and curve it. Vivid Air tint Dark black off Amazon- no water solution needed. I think it was around $20 for a roll and thought I would give that a shot rather than $250 on new lights. Been on for 7 months and looks great, not peeling or fading. Just use an edge tool to really wrap the tint over the lens into the corners and use heat gun to get it to lay down and really adhere, then trim. I also did the back up lights, they were clear lenses and thought why not do them too.

What brand did you go with for the bed cross bars? I’d like to mount a rooftop tent on something low profile like that.

What brand did you go with for the bed cross bars? I’d like to mount a rooftop tent on something low profile like that.
Congratulations on the new ride. Screen shot attached - Amazon. Pretty hard to find ones that attach to the t-track rails and don’t sit high over the bed. I also got Traxedo Elevate FS Rack - 1118570: $850 which have a high above the cab height and a lower mid height. I use those for our 2 20’ tandem kayaks and they mount to the t-tracks as well and have a higher weight rating.

Attachments

• IMG_3996.jpeg
    IMG_3996.jpeg
    169.3 KB · Views: 11
Lots a great additions there! I'm interested in what you used for under hood lights and bed lights. Most of what you have done sounds like stuff I would do. Looking forward to hearing more.

I got a 4 pack of marine LED strip lights on Amazon. Put 2 under the hood, other 2 on the roll up bed cover canister at the front of the bed for extra gear lighting. $25 for all 4 and they work well, good brightness and the 3m backing is holding well. I wired all 4 to 1 switch on my switch panel (cargo). I had plenty of wiring already and didn’t need switches so this was a good/simple/cheap add. I can’t believe they make these trucks with no under hood light. Every my old 76 Chevy had one

Attachments

• IMG_4280.jpeg
    IMG_4280.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 8
Back