List of EVENT CODES and How to obtain them. (NEW ORDERS)

fertch13

Reaction score

Hello guys!

Thought I'd post up the instructions on how to get your event code, the actual list of codes and what they mean so that it is easy to find whenever you want to figure out what the status is on your vehicle order. To check what the event code status on your order is, follow the steps below. (This applies to all GM vehicle orders, not only Sierras)

1. Go to GMC.com
  2. Click on the black "Message Us" button on the far right bottom corner.
  3. Reply to the first message with "Hi" (this will have an automated reply)
  4. Reply to that second message with "Agent" (the system will automatically reply saying it'll transfer you to someone that can help)
  5. Once an actual person replies, ask them to provide the status of your order. (Give them order number)
  6. They will give you a brief explanation of your order status.
  7. Reply by saying, "Can you please provide me with the event code on the order?" They'll most likely provide the code on the fist ask. (if not, be persistent)
  8. Take that four digit code and come to the list below and match your number. The description by each number is the actual status of the order.
Hope this helps, and good luck on getting your cars soon.

Event Codes (Timeline)​

• 0500 (DEFINITION OF THIS STATUS IS CURRENTLY UNKNOWN)
  • 1000 ORDER ON HOLDER AT DEALERSHIP
  • 1100 ORDER PLACED AT DEALERSHIP / PRELIMINARY ORDER ACCEPTED
  • 1101 ORDER ENTERED INTO THE SYSTEM
  • 1102 ORDER ENTERED VIA WEB
  • 2000 ORDER ACCEPTED BY GM
  • 2001 ORDER GENERATED TO DEALER
  • 2005 ORDER REPLACED BY GM PROSPEC ORDER
  • 2030 ORDER EDITED BY GM
  • 2051 ORDER CHANGED THRU WEB
  • 2500 ORDER PREFERENCED, SENT TO PRODUCTION
  • 3000 ORDER ACCEPTED BY PRODUCTION CONTROL
  • 3100 ORDER AVAILABLE TO SEQUENCE
  • 3300 ORDER SELECTED, SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCITON
  • 3400 ORDER BROADCAST FOR PRODUCTION (LOADED ON ASSEMBLY PLANT COMPUTERS)
  • 3450 IMPORT VEHICLE PRODUCED
  • 3550 IMPORT VEHICLE SHIPPED FROM PORT OF ORIGIN
  • 3575 IMPORT VEHICLE RECEIVED AT PORT OF ENTRY
  • 3800 ORDER PRODUCED, VIN IS AVAILABLE
  • 4000 VEHICLE AVAILABLE TO SHIP
  • 4104 BAILMENT INVOICE
  • 4106 BAILMENT RELEASED
  • 4150 VEHICLE INVOICED
  • 4B00 ORDER BAYED; VEHICLE IS WAITING ON TRANSPORTATION OR PULLED FOR QUALITY CONTROL
  • 4200 ORDER SHIPPED
  • 4300 INTERMEDIATE DELIVERY
  • 4800 RAIL RAMP UNLOAD; VEHICLE AT RAIL ROAD DESTINATION AWAITING TRUCK TRANSPORT TO DEALER
  • 5000 VEHICLE DELIVERED TO DEALER
  • 6000 VEHICLE DELIVERED TO CUSTOMER
  • 9000 ORDER CANCELED

1649198557511.png

Hmm I was on there today and couldn't find anything like this. Wondering if it is a browser issue. I found something similar last week but was on my phone at the time.

Thanks so much for the information! I have been trying to get the Event Code but obviously not using the correct method. I reserved a refreshed AT4 the first of the year and it appears there has been no movement yet. Now I'll feel better knowing I can check. Thanks again!

Hmm I was on there today and couldn't find anything like this. Wondering if it is a browser issue. I found something similar last week but was on my phone at the time.
Clear your browser cache. The "message us" button should appear.

Thanks so much for the information! I have been trying to get the Event Code but obviously not using the correct method. I reserved a refreshed AT4 the first of the year and it appears there has been no movement yet. Now I'll feel better knowing I can check. Thanks again!
No worries, I had some issues at the beginning as well, but it gets real easy after a while.

I just did it through my phone and it came back as code 1100 which I think is what they told me last week without giving me a code. So if I understand it correctly it means the order was placed by the dealer, it's in GMC's system, but they haven't decided if it will be accepted or not.

I just did it through my phone and it came back as code 1100 which I think is what they told me last week without giving me a code. So if I understand it correctly it means the order was placed by the dealer, it's in GMC's system, but they haven't decided if it will be accepted or not.
Happy to hear you could make it work. Keep us posted, good luck on your order.

I did this after putting down a deposit on an accepted order.

You can also give your email and ask to be be emailed your status, they will email you once a week!

You can also give your email and ask to be be emailed your status, they will email you once a week!
They told me that last I contacted them but I haven't received an email update yet. Not sure when it should go out but it's been about a week since I contacted them.

They're not so good at following up. Plus I want to know exactly when the status moves up, not a whole week later lol

So I got an email from GM on the 21st as part of a weekly update. That was my first email from them. Today I noticed an email from GMC saying this :
"Lumpy, your 2022 GMC Sierra AT4 order has been accepted for production.
You will receive emails with status updates, so you can follow your vehicle's journey from the factory to you. Please see your dealer for details."

Any ideas if that is still code 2000 or something beyond that?

So I got an email from GM on the 21st as part of a weekly update. That was my first email from them. Today I noticed an email from GMC saying this :
"Lumpy, your 2022 GMC Sierra AT4 order has been accepted for production.
You will receive emails with status updates, so you can follow your vehicle's journey from the factory to you. Please see your dealer for details."

Any ideas if that is still code 2000 or something beyond that?
I got that same email today. Customer service told me I was at 3000 this morning.

Back