Edge Monitor CTS3 84130-3

LamboTexas

Reaction score
Want a monitor only to monitor different things as I’m pulling trailers etc. I do not want a tuner. Edge has the CTS3 that is a monitor that just plugs into the OBD2 ports. Edge representatives told me that “officially” it does not support the 2021 Sierra 1500 AT4 6.2 gas yet. I mean, it’s only a monitor, not a tuner that is going to change anything, and can be used on “most” vehicles with an OBD2 port. I’m thinking of going ahead and purchasing, as when it does “officially” support the 2021 GMC Sierra- I can update via the Internet. What are y’all’s thoughts?

49850D48-B71C-4F4B-9016-C413847EBB54.jpeg

New guy so haven't tried it out yet - but wouldn't a Bluetooth OBD2 adapter and Torque ap on your phone or small tablet in a RAM mount do the same thing? Not sure what data is available over the bluetooth ODB2 - maybe I'll give it a shot. Can even create custom skins and screens like the one viewed above.

Only works for android though.

New guy so haven't tried it out yet - but wouldn't a Bluetooth OBD2 adapter and Torque ap on your phone or small tablet in a RAM mount do the same thing? Not sure what data is available over the bluetooth ODB2 - maybe I'll give it a shot. Can even create custom skins and screens like the one viewed above.

Only works for android though.
Yea the Torque App probably would do the same thing

Spent some last night setting up all gauges on the CTS3. It’s pretty cool: you can set alerts and warnings that are both audible and visual (led lights) that alert and warn you when something is not right. Transmission temp, coolant temp, oil pressure, etc. It’s very handy to have whatever qauges you want to monitor on one screen - basically a heads up display. You are able to monitor basically everything you can dream of. I know several are available on the dash but it is really convenient to have your selection of what you want to monitor in one place without scrolling or making adjustments to dash menu. Highly recommend if you tow frequently, work your truck hard, or just OCD about monitoring a lot of parameters.

Spent some last night setting up all gauges on the CTS3. It’s pretty cool: you can set alerts and warnings that are both audible and visual (led lights) that alert and warn you when something is not right. Transmission temp, coolant temp, oil pressure, etc. It’s very handy to have whatever qauges you want to monitor on one screen - basically a heads up display. You are able to monitor basically everything you can dream of. I know several are available on the dash but it is really convenient to have your selection of what you want to monitor in one place without scrolling or making adjustments to dash menu. Highly recommend if you tow frequently, work your truck hard, or just OCD about monitoring a lot of parameters.
I need to do this as well. Are you mounting the CTS3 on your dash or using the window?

I need to do this as well. Are you mounting the CTS3 on your dash or using the window?
Right now I’m just using the window suction cup mount that was provided with it. On previous trucks I used their dash pod mount and I love those. Blend in really good. But Edge hasn’t come out with one for the 2021. Patiently waiting.

Most reactions

Back