Braided Steel Brake Lines

Joined
Feb 1, 2026
Messages
56
Media
2
Reaction score
27
Location
Houston, TX
I’ve read numerous articles that say that braided front brake lines can really make a difference in how they feel and respond to pedal inputs. The reason given is some version of “rubber lines expand under pressure and give the pedal a squishy feeling.

Has anyone swapped out the front brake lines to braided metal on their Sierra? Was it worth the price and effort?

2019 Sierra Denali
 

In my opinion, no. I've had many a set of braided lines on my street and track cars and honestly really can't feel any difference. You want better braking, get better pads, and change your fluid regularly and bleed properly.

Also, the only brake line failures I've ever experienced have been braided lines.
 

I'd only consider it IF I had to replace my brake lines for some reason. 40+ years of driving and have never had to (I know I just jinxed myself!) due to failure. The lines are only as good as the materials used and the manufacturers.
 

I've only seen this upgrade needed for high performance vehicles that use a lot of heavy braking. These cars and behaviors can cause more heat in the fluid and lines which can cause expansion or failure of rubber lines. This kind of upgrade would be meaningless for most vehicles though.
 

Last edited:

New Posts

Most reactions

Back
Top