25’ sierra 2500hd po4db code

Mramiro81

New member
Joined
Sep 28, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
Washington
Hello. I recently added a banks ram air intake. Before the intake I had installed the vse ccv upgrade kit with an oil catch can. Up until I installed the intake I never had the code come up. I guess my question is, am I gonna be able to get rid of this light with all the aftermarket stuff equipped or am I gonna have to go back to stock with something? I read a lot about these vehicles being very sensitive when it comes to the emissions system and pressure changes. Oh and a footnote with the banks system I have installed their module that’s suppose to trick the computer but it isn’t working. Any words of wisdom would be much appreciated.
 

Most aftermarket intakes instructions tell to turn the air life monitor off in the DIC.

Did you disable the air life monitor?
 

Did you have both batteries disconnected when you installed the intake? The banks does not need the air filter life disabled - undo that.

Also - reference your CCV upgrade - 25's come with a specific sensor. Is that still hooked up?
 

This sensor right there.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260928-155207~2.webp
    Screenshot_20260928-155207~2.webp
    148.3 KB · Views: 6
Did you have both batteries disconnected when you installed the intake? The banks does not need the air filter life disabled - undo that.

Also - reference your CCV upgrade - 25's come with a specific sensor. Is that still hooked up?
I’ve tried disconnecting the batteries a couple times. Not for nearly as long as you’re saying however. About an hour each time. The sensor is still hooked up along with the module that’s banks offers. The ccv upgrade is from VSE
 

I’ve tried disconnecting the batteries a couple times. Not for nearly as long as you’re saying however. About an hour each time. The sensor is still hooked up along with the module that’s banks offers. The ccv upgrade is from VSE
Do you have access to a bidirectional scanner? I would try erasing the code via that and recheck if it comes back.

I had an issue with my setup (same as yours just a 24) where oil was leaking through the AN fittings vse provided.

Who installed that setup for you? It's possible that the ccv sensor is damaged .
 

Do you have access to a bidirectional scanner? I would try erasing the code via that and recheck if it comes back.

I had an issue with my setup (same as yours just a 24) where oil was leaking through the AN fittings vse provided.

Who installed that setup for you? It's possible that the ccv sensor is damaged .
Hmm ok. Well sorry to say I did my own work. Was careful with it. I guess it is still as possibility. The bidirectional scanner. Is that something only a dealer would have? I’ve really only heard of the OBD scanner.
 

Hmm ok. Well sorry to say I did my own work. Was careful with it. I guess it is still as possibility. The bidirectional scanner. Is that something only a dealer would have? I’ve really only heard of the OBD scanner.
Its obd scanner but it's not a cheap obd only scanner. You will have to spend a few hundred dollars, probably close to a grand for a quality one... I would start with that and see if it erases your code or find another code that a simple obd2 scanner won't show.

The code, if search on Google is a CCV code. Very likely a bad sensor but can't verify without more diagnostics. Try to disconnect and reconnect the sensor. It's possible that it's not properly connected too

The scanner is expensive but if you own a modern vehicle it'll save you $$$.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top