2025 Sierra AT4 questions

Spikes

New member
Joined
Oct 5, 2026
Messages
2
Media
1
Reaction score
2
Location
Upstate New York
Hey all, new here and have some questions about my recent upgrade. I posted this on a subreddit as well, but this place seems like a wealth of knowledge.

1-The myGMC app has an update n25-f163bu listed as available but I can't seem to get it to come up when checking for updates. I've been reading that this update is a nightmare to get to show up and even install. Are my options simply wait it out or see if a dealership can (maybe) do it? The vehicle is still under the bumper to bumper. The android build number is Y177 (android 12).

2-Is there a page somewhere that lists what updates *should* be available for the vehicle? I would love to upgrade the Android version but not sure if my specific vehicle supports it. Info online seems hit-or-miss.

3-I've read that some vehicles (only Sierra EVs maybe?) have the ability to record with their 360 cameras. Is it really only those, or is it more readily available to other vehicles now? Mainly determining if I need to re-install my dash cam.

4-I have the black OEM running boards, I noticed some paint has started to chip. Is there a recommended brand/type that adheres to this material well? It looks like they were already touched up in the past. I'm not worried about making it perfect, just want to protect it and ideally stop it from chipping as long as possible. Pic: https://ibb.co/QjkXLs8M

5-Has anyone used the Lamin-X headlight covers/film? I felt like it would be a nice look and would go well with my grey color. I was leaning toward tint rather than gunsmoke because I don't want to diminish the effectiveness of the headlights too much. https://lamin-x.com/gmc-sierra-1500-2022-headlight-covers.html

Thank you in advance!
 

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back
Top