2021 AT4 - Two Blown 6.2L in 25k Miles

Hey Brother it looks like GM is trying hard to not fix them or issue a recall for the issue. I have 2019 GMC Denali 6.2 4X4 and around 539 miles my truck just stopped running while driving. ??? Indicator said to shift to “N” and press Start Button. Which I did and all of a sudden the entire dash went black. They said it was a fluke I shook it off got it back and while driving I made it to 889 miles and then the oil pressure dropped and the motor dang near tore apart. Same issue spun a camshaft bearing. Had the motor replaced at least got it back running and now I have hit 41,249 miles and it locked up again just like the first time.

The dealership tried hard to tell me that it wasn’t under warranty anymore so I told him I have a 3 yr 50K warranty on it I purchased it on 12/31/2019. I still have time. They even wrote it up as the motor was going to blow. Took oil samples and the oil has metal flakes in it.

I took a breaking bar and broke the motor lose it wasn’t that bad then I replace the 400amp fuse and drove it home from the dealer that said it was dead and needs a new motor.

This shop has to be the worst dealership I have ever experienced in my life.

So now I have a truck that pretty much has a bad motor even though it’s running today and I’m trying to patch it up and go trade it in.

I love the truck but GMs quality has dropped off the map!

I had a buy back going then Covid 19 hit and everyone who was involved with my case are no longer with GM…. They now have no record of me and my issues…

Beware of buying any GM right now the reason they are getting around a recall is because they made so many of them that the percentage of bad ones are under 1% or 2%.

GM has become so bad you have to sue them just to get things right.

If you bought it 12/19, you are out of warranty on time, not mileage. 12/2020 -1 year, 12/2021 -2nd year, 12/2022 -3rd year, 10 months over.

If'n you would find the small print, it will say "which ever comes first".

If you bought it 12/19, you are out of warranty on time, not mileage. 12/2020 -1 year, 12/2021 -2nd year, 12/2022 -3rd year, 10 months over.

If'n you would find the small print, it will say "which ever comes first".
lol 😂🤣🤣. My fault I have a 5 yr 50K mile powertrain warranty. The 3 yr was the bumper to bumper.

If you ever need to check you can run your VIN on the GM website and it will tell you what is valid and what has expired.

My warranty doesn’t end until 12-30-2024.

Trust me when I say I live and breathe law and the “fine print” is the first thing I review. Take a magnifying glass and look at the front of a paper check. The line you sign you name on is not a line…. It’s actually the fine print the font is so small that it looks like a solid line.

GM’s Customer service has plummeted and their product quality has declined dramatically!

This is the 2nd engine that spun a camshaft bearing.. I’m starting to believe it has to do with the DFM system I’m overriding asap. There is a class action lawsuit on this and other issues now.

Buy a Toyota great customer service and the product lasts and you certainly get what you paid for because Toyota works!

Have a blessed day!

@SML 52DELTA US ARMY Toyota is just as bad as GM or worse with customer service. I speak from experience on the subject. I had a 2014 Tundra 5.7 that was a piece of junk! Cam towers leaking, fixed, then ac compressor blew apart, fixed, then the upper aluminum oil pan began to leak through the threaded hole that held on the oil filter housing. 2 months of haggling with Toyota back in forth that the truck was obviously a problem with all this happening right shy of 20k on it. They eventually told me to come pick the truck up or let them pull the engine to fix the oil leak at the upper oil pan. I called the dealer and told them to get my truck ready as is I was coming to pick it up. I picked it up and drove straight to a GMC dealership and traded the junk Tundra for a new 2016 GMC Denali HD Duramax. Bye bye Toyota for ever! Prior to that I had owned 2 tundra's and 2 Tacoma's and my wife had a few small Toyota cars. Toyota is out of my life now for good I do not even look at what ever they are doing. I had a GMC truck way back in the late 90s before going to Toyota for several years. I have had some issues with the GMC trucks mostly emissions stuff on the Duramax and a few electrical issues on the late 90s truck. My current truck with a 6.2L has only had connectivity issues with stupid carplay to date. Rest of the truck has been ok but not many miles on it to date at 6400 miles bought Jan 2023.

@SML 52DELTA US ARMY Toyota is just as bad as GM or worse with customer service. I speak from experience on the subject. I had a 2014 Tundra 5.7 that was a piece of junk! Cam towers leaking, fixed, then ac compressor blew apart, fixed, then the upper aluminum oil pan began to leak through the threaded hole that held on the oil filter housing. 2 months of haggling with Toyota back in forth that the truck was obviously a problem with all this happening right shy of 20k on it. They eventually told me to come pick the truck up or let them pull the engine to fix the oil leak at the upper oil pan. I called the dealer and told them to get my truck ready as is I was coming to pick it up. I picked it up and drove straight to a GMC dealership and traded the junk Tundra for a new 2016 GMC Denali HD Duramax. Bye bye Toyota for ever! Prior to that I had owned 2 tundra's and 2 Tacoma's and my wife had a few small Toyota cars. Toyota is out of my life now for good I do not even look at what ever they are doing. I had a GMC truck way back in the late 90s before going to Toyota for several years. I have had some issues with the GMC trucks mostly emissions stuff on the Duramax and a few electrical issues on the late 90s truck. My current truck with a 6.2L has only had connectivity issues with stupid carplay to date. Rest of the truck has been ok but not many miles on it to date at 6400 miles bought Jan 2023.
I believe all manufacturers have their flaws I’m sure of that.. GM on the other hand has major issues way more any other manufacturer wait I believe ford took the #1 spot with that said only having 41K miles and having two blown engines is nothing more than a lemon.. I have had two YUKON Denali a 2015 then a 2017. Then I was stupid enough to go purchase a 2019 GMC Denali Sierra 4x4 all three of these vehicles have went under major repair. So since 2015 every two years I either traded one for a new or bought a new one and the Truck has major engine issues with cracks and cam bearings the two Yukons had major transmission issues that would cause shuttering and slipping. They also both had major AC issues and software issues for the braking system. You would think over the course of four years they could’ve produced one vehicle that I would own that wouldn’t have had so much trouble, but all three that Manufacturer GM is having major troubles.

Also it could happen with a Toyota as well, but I’ve on Toyotas as well. In the past I had a tundra had a Camry and I had Lexus and I had no issues with any of it. Things need to be maintenance accordingly based off your usage of the vehicle and that’s what I did so if that made the difference well that’s what I’m looking for, because you can do everything that GM tells you to do your vehicle still break down.

Just do a simple internet search on this these issues and you will quickly realize that they are in some deep trouble. They have two or three class action lawsuits against them for failing lifters break, booster pump, failure, and other things along with 127 recalls across all of their models.

It was painful to have to make a payment on my vehicle that I’m waiting on a motor for.

The dealership helped mess the truck up more I’m sure but GM gave me the runaround blaming Covid for everything and not doing anything for me.

People will do what they want so I’m just stating these facts for others to consider.

Appreciate your response though I have no allegiance to GM or Toyota I just need a dependable vehicle and based on the lawsuits and recalls GM take number two spot of the worst vehicles to purchase. Toyota doesn’t even show up. No lawsuits, no major recalls that cause their vehicles to become inoperable.

I’m cool with that because I have had a night and day experience dealing with GM versus Toyota.

Have a good one brother and a blessed day!

I believe all manufacturers have their flaws I’m sure of that.. GM on the other hand has major issues way more any other manufacturer wait I believe ford took the #1 spot with that said only having 41K miles and having two blown engines is nothing more than a lemon.. I have had two YUKON Denali a 2015 then a 2017. Then I was stupid enough to go purchase a 2019 GMC Denali Sierra 4x4 all three of these vehicles have went under major repair. So since 2015 every two years I either traded one for a new or bought a new one and the Truck has major engine issues with cracks and cam bearings the two Yukons had major transmission issues that would cause shuttering and slipping. They also both had major AC issues and software issues for the braking system. You would think over the course of four years they could’ve produced one vehicle that I would own that wouldn’t have had so much trouble, but all three that Manufacturer GM is having major troubles.

Also it could happen with a Toyota as well, but I’ve on Toyotas as well. In the past I had a tundra had a Camry and I had Lexus and I had no issues with any of it. Things need to be maintenance accordingly based off your usage of the vehicle and that’s what I did so if that made the difference well that’s what I’m looking for, because you can do everything that GM tells you to do your vehicle still break down.

Just do a simple internet search on this these issues and you will quickly realize that they are in some deep trouble. They have two or three class action lawsuits against them for failing lifters break, booster pump, failure, and other things along with 127 recalls across all of their models.

It was painful to have to make a payment on my vehicle that I’m waiting on a motor for.

The dealership helped mess the truck up more I’m sure but GM gave me the runaround blaming Covid for everything and not doing anything for me.

People will do what they want so I’m just stating these facts for others to consider.

Appreciate your response though I have no allegiance to GM or Toyota I just need a dependable vehicle and based on the lawsuits and recalls GM take number two spot of the worst vehicles to purchase. Toyota doesn’t even show up. No lawsuits, no major recalls that cause their vehicles to become inoperable.

I’m cool with that because I have had a night and day experience dealing with GM versus Toyota.

Did they give you a loaner?

GM finally settled out of court. They are buying the truck back and returning all payments along with collateral costs in addition to covering lawyer costs. Case closed.
We just had this happen to our 2023 Yukon XL AT4 - 8,000 miles. Looking at engine replacement with a refurbished engine. I'm curious about the steps you took to get GM to buy the truck back. Would you be willing to share?

I have been waiting for a motor for mine since September. Going on 6 months now. Did anyone give you a timeline on how long it will take to get the motor?

Its in a 2017 with 90,000 miles. I had an extended warranty but rental coverage for only a week so we are getting by with other vehicles. I was told by the dealer yesterday they are going to try and get it in next week..Its been a 6 month wait

2022 Yukon AT4 with 41,000 miles…. Engine just gave out yesterday. The local dealer said this was there forth Yukon
with the issue (6.2L). Love to say bye-bye to this truck, but I’m sure that’s not easy to do.

2022 Yukon AT4 with 41,000 miles…. Engine just gave out yesterday. The local dealer said this was there forth Yukon
with the issue (6.2L). Love to say bye-bye to this truck, but I’m sure that’s not easy to do.
Sorry to read. Did dealer mention the time frame for a new engine?

Very sorry to hear about this. I'm assuming lifter failure or crank bearings ? Either way this absolutely sucks. Hope you don't have to wait too long to get you back on the road. Good luck..

Very sorry to hear about this. I'm assuming lifter failure or crank bearings ? Either way this absolutely sucks. Hope you don't have to wait too long to get you back on the road. Good luck..
Dealer said engines on “back order”. I’m personally done with this GMC. A couple months ago I pressed the update button and it fried the whole computer system as it sat in my driveway.

Most reactions

Back