Wireless charging dock issues?

Mine does the same. I thought it was my case being too thick. I think it may be the iPhone 13 cameras being so large and lifts the phone off the pad. My wife has an iPhone 10 and hers charges fine.

Mine does the same. I thought it was my case being too thick. I think it may be the iPhone 13 cameras being so large and lifts the phone off the pad. My wife has an iPhone 10 and hers charges fine.
I did not think of that… it makes sense.

The charger on my MY22 refresh basically sucks. S21 or iPhone 13, case or no case. It charges for 20 seconds then disconnects and reconnects. I guess we have Covid chargers?

I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max with the giant camera array. When I first got in the truck I laid it down with the cameras raising the phone off the charge pad and got similar behavior to what you guys are describing. I started laying the phone down and sliding it up a bit to where the cameras were no longer raising the phone and it works perfectly fine now. Keep in mind it does take it a couple seconds to start charging, it won't start immediately after placing the phone on the pad.

I use an iphone without a case and the charging dock starts charging but stops quickly. Any ideas?
Same here, put something about 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick at the base bottom and it should put your phone in the charging sweet spot. I used a pocket knife I had and sat it long ways across the bottom. And it works fine now.

Same here, put something about 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick at the base bottom and it should put your phone in the charging sweet spot. I used a pocket knife I had and sat it long ways across the bottom. And it works fine now.
Brilliant! After reading yours and @Jugaal's posts, I put a small piece of neoprene at the bottom of the cavity. No issues with charging now! Thanks guys!

I have the iPhone 14 Pro in an Apple case and have no trouble with the charging dock. As said by Jugaal it takes a few seconds to start charging. Also it will not show charging if the phone is already fully charged. Seems obvious but I have been fooled into thinking it stopped charging. I moving it around in the cradle, removed the case etc and then realized it was fully charged so no charge icon.

Can confirm that this is the solution. Was very pleased to fix this annoying issue so easily. There is a guy selling spacers that he is making that fit the space perfectly, but honestly pretty easy to make your own. I used some high-density black foam. Might depend on the phone how much space you need. I needed between 1/2 to 3/4 inch of spacer for my iPhone 13 and it charges fine every time now. https://www.pcbtechart.com/product/gmc-sierra-2022-charger-adapter/

Can confirm that this is the solution. Was very pleased to fix this annoying issue so easily. There is a guy selling spacers that he is making that fit the space perfectly, but honestly pretty easy to make your own. I used some high-density black foam. Might depend on the phone how much space you need. I needed between 1/2 to 3/4 inch of spacer for my iPhone 13 and it charges fine every time now. https://www.pcbtechart.com/product/gmc-sierra-2022-charger-adapter/
I don’t understand this. I had the 13pro and now the 14pro both in leather Apple cases and had no trouble. I assure you I would have known given how I use my phone in my truck. This morning after reading this I tried to position my 14pro where it wouldn’t charge and it connects every time. I have to say something is not right with your charger. Of course if it were me and the spacer solution worked I would probably move on.

Found this site because of this issue with my iPhone 13Pro and a lifeproof case. Dropped one of the kid’s 1x10 Lego and it seems to work much better now. Must just be the location of the charging receiver on the iPhones vs the Android phones which is what I believe the car is designed for.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    460.4 KB · Views: 308
Has anyone taken their truck to the dealer to have them formally address this? Buying a retrofit product for something that is just supposed to work from the factory is certainly simple however I'm curious what a dealer response would be to this.

Most reactions

Back