VLEDS reverse lights

Chrisbert

Reaction score
For a simple mod to add rear lighting in reverse, I went with the VLEDS reverse light that bolts to the license plate.
Easy connection to the driver side tail light. Black and red wire of the harness.
1000001944.jpg

Attachments

• 20240216_190142.jpg
    20240216_190142.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 20240216_190155.jpg
    20240216_190155.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 81
I've been thinking of doing this mod. Wonder if I can put you to work without pay?

Can you post a close up of it installed with a plate? Blur your numbers if you want.

Could you use painters tape and cardboard and block off the reverse lights in the tails and take another picture of your backup camera in the dark?

I've been thinking of doing this mod. Wonder if I can put you to work without pay?

Can you post a close up of it installed with a plate? Blur your numbers if you want.

Could you use painters tape and cardboard and block off the reverse lights in the tails and take another picture of your backup camera in the dark?
Yep. I'll get it this weekend.

I need these! The back up lights and camera are pretty dark OEM. I see the morimoto kit's installation instructions are pretty simple but where are the stock wires in relation to the license plate area? Are you just tapping in to one side reverse lights?

I went with the Putco light which spans the tailgate; paid for (including dealer install) and is at the dealer who will install it at the same time as when the dashcam arrives (on backorder).

I went with the Putco light which spans the tailgate; paid for (including dealer install) and is at the dealer who will install it at the same time as when the dashcam arrives (on backorder).

I have the Putco on a half ton.
I would like to put one on the 2500. I don't honestly know what that "alignment lock" (don't know the correct name) does on the bed and gate, but gm must think it's necessary on the hd's, otherwise gm would definitely delete it for cost savings.

I will follow your results with the Putco bar, to see if you notice any tailgating shifts or thumps, after eliminating this "alignment lock".

I need these! The back up lights and camera are pretty dark OEM. I see the morimoto kit's installation instructions are pretty simple but where are the stock wires in relation to the license plate area? Are you just tapping in to one side reverse lights?
Yeah, popped out the left rear taillight and tapped into the reverse light.

Here is a site with a good video for install.

I installed the Morimoto backup light today. Super easy install that took about 20 minutes and I can’t believe how bright it is. Well worth the money!

i have the putco 60" bar. it does help using the camera , but that tag light looks like it would help with using the mirrors

i have the putco 60" bar. it does help using the camera , but that tag light looks like it would help with using the mirrors
Waiting for mine to be installed; loved the 60" bar and I think its multicolor.

Most reactions

Back