Sideview Camera While Under Tow

Blade's AT4

Reaction score
I cannot seem to get an answer from any dealership so....

I tow quite a bit with the AT4 and allegedly there is a feature that turns the sideview camera on upon turn signal activation. I have towed numerous times and cannot get this feature to activate.

Here is what I have tried:

With & without T/H mode active
Parking sensors on & off
Lane assist on & off
All of my trailers are connected and set up in the system.

I'm at a loss, what am I missing?

Last edited:
Hmmm... Not sure, I've seen many non-HD's with it and wondered if it was package specific or an upgrade. I was under the impression it was integrated into the trailer feature?

I’m wondering if I can have extra cameras added? I know they have the spot on the side mirrors for them. It says in the video that it can be added through the GM system???

You need the rear view cam that provides the Transparent Trailer view ( Available from GM parts; 450$ ) The side view is provided in a split screen view with the Invis. Trailer.
I am just finishing up my install of the camera ( VERY explicit requirements/instructions).
Will have it finished up and configured/calibrated in the next day or so then will try to update here w/ screen shots etc.
I will say that just plugging in the camera cable and the 7-pin the system was instantly on line and waiting for me to do something; incredible view behind just as a good or better then the inside mirror camera.
Rog

Don’t know what you tow , but :
As a Note : The add -on camera and system is set up for a Box type trailer; something that has a back wall.
However, you could probably work around by setting up some sort of fold down, swing-away mount of some sort to mimic a back wall mount . The camera needs to be mounted 100 mm higher than the rear view tailgate camera when hitched up.

HD Surround Vision…HD as in high definition, not heavy duty. Today I plugged a 7 pin to 4 adapter and started the truck. A "park assist off" message came up on the DIC and I knew I was in business. I never had to set anything in the trailering app, haul mode, or any other setting. First left turn and the side of my truck from the mirrors back was on the Infotainment center. Drove around the block. Now I need to decide if I want to keep my adapter in for the camera views while taking a turn or take it out for the parking assist..

1649628754660.png

its not the front camera that controls this...but the side cameras on the mirrors. Looks like it can be added but from the factory, its certainly the HD surround vision option that i posted

Most reactions

Back