Sand dune AT4X modified

Wickedat4x

Reaction score
Done a few things to the AT4X so far with more planned. Think it looks awesome so far!

Mods done:
Tint- 5% sides, 35% windshield
Hyperdipped front and rear GMC emblems
Factory stick on deflectors in matte black
9in hard rubber antenna
AWE 0fg dual cat back exhaust
AVS lightshield
Air Design Hood scoop
Cab Over America Wireless cab lights
RC 1.5in level for AT4X
RC 3.5in forged UCAs
18x9 Fuel Contras +1
285/75/18 ridge grapplers

Mods planned:
Air Design rocker panels paint matched
Automatic running boards
Intake
Grill light bar
Pulsar once available for refresh
Possible interior lights, undecided
Possible front bumper applique once available
Hyperdip side emblems to match front/rear, with edge of chrome and middle black

Think that's it lol which it's all on my YT if your interested, wickedauto

Pictures front start to current

Attachments

• 20221008_134730.jpg
    20221008_134730.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 204
  • FB_IMG_1669865761375.jpg
    FB_IMG_1669865761375.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 175
  • 20221207_082455.jpg
    20221207_082455.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 182
  • 20221211_144259.jpg
    20221211_144259.jpg
    481.1 KB · Views: 187
  • 20230115_164732.jpg
    20230115_164732.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 182
  • 20230117_164556.jpg
    20230117_164556.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 186
  • 20230117_192147.jpg
    20230117_192147.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 183
Interesting on the hood scoop, didn't know such an inexpensive, easy hood scoop was available for these trucks. Much loss of view over the front with the hood scoop? I see it is a boltless attachment - any worry about coming loose? Does it cause much/any extra noise or wind vibration?

The tires and wheels look nice. I am thinking about Fuel wheels, 18x9 probably +1 but tempted to go with their -13 offset, however yours have a decent amount of poke and look nice. I will probably go with a 285/70R18 tire. I am for sure doing the 1.5 inch rough country front level, debating on the 3.5 inch upper control arms. I know I should do them, but have been told it may be more likely for GM to void the factory warranty WITH the UCA's installed even though it is better/safer with them over the stock UCA's.

I really like your additions to your truck! Gonna take a look at your YT!

Interesting on the hood scoop, didn't know such an inexpensive, easy hood scoop was available for these trucks. Much loss of view over the front with the hood scoop? I see it is a boltless attachment - any worry about coming loose? Does it cause much/any extra noise or wind vibration?

The tires and wheels look nice. I am thinking about Fuel wheels, 18x9 probably +1 but tempted to go with their -13 offset, however yours have a decent amount of poke and look nice. I will probably go with a 285/70R18 tire. I am for sure doing the 1.5 inch rough country front level, debating on the 3.5 inch upper control arms. I know I should do them, but have been told it may be more likely for GM to void the factory warranty WITH the UCA's installed even though it is better/safer with them over the stock UCA's.

I really like your additions to your truck! Gonna take a look at your YT!

Under normal circumstances I'd say yes you loose some view over the hood but the lightshield already removed that for me lol granted my tires are a bit bigger but I'm sure with a -13 an that size you'd have to some trimming just to be aware. I know some don't want to trim anything lol

Just watched several of your videos - the hood scoop install didn't look too bad/tough! I have the bright blue color truck, think I would just leave the hood scoop black, but not for sure. Still interested if there is any extra noise or vibration going down the hwy with the hood scoop. I had an AVS bug deflector on my 2020 AT4 and it created a hood vibration up towards the back of the hood, probably won't do another higher rise bug deflector again because I didn't like that.

Anyway - thanks for your videos on YT and your posts here, good stuff!

Under normal circumstances I'd say yes you loose some view over the hood but the lightshield already removed that for me lol granted my tires are a bit bigger but I'm sure with a -13 an that size you'd have to some trimming just to be aware. I know some don't want to trim anything lol

I think I will stay away from the -13 and go with the +1. That's only a half inch wider on the -13 (or thereabouts) than the +1, but it's still proably asking for some decent amount of trimming. On my 2020 AT4 I had 20x10 moto metal wheels with a large negative offset and they still rubbed some even with a RC front end level and improved angle RC control arms. I went way too wide with those wheels, even though my tires were 33x12.5 on 20" wheels, I still had to do some trimming and I still had a slight rubbing area on the front driver back (never did take out the metal plate behind the splash guards like I should have). If I want a tad more "poke" than the +1 wheels give me, I can throw in some 1/4" (or even 1/2" although that is pushing it) wheel spacers to get a bit more poke.

Again, thanks for your posts and info!

Just watched several of your videos - the hood scoop install didn't look too bad/tough! I have the bright blue color truck, think I would just leave the hood scoop black, but not for sure. Still interested if there is any extra noise or vibration going down the hwy with the hood scoop. I had an AVS bug deflector on my 2020 AT4 and it created a hood vibration up towards the back of the hood, probably won't do another higher rise bug deflector again because I didn't like that.

Anyway - thanks for your videos on YT and your posts here, good stuff!
There definitely is no noise or anything from the hood scoop. Certainly agree with the bugshield causing the hood to vibrate. Not a fan of that myself but harder to notice now with the hood scoop lol

Wicked - I have on order 18x9 -12 offset Fuel Contra 437 wheels with 285/70R18 Nitto RG's. I had hemmed and hawed on wheel choice, actually originally went with Fuel Rouge 709 20x9 +1 wheels and 285/60R20 Nitto RG's, but my local tire guy called me back after I put in the order with him and said his tire supplier said the Fuel Rouge wheels were out of stock and probably on backorder for a while, so I went with the Contra's that you have on your truck. I have a smaller tire than you do (mine will be 33.7" tall vs your 35's), but with the -12 offset (not quite a half inch) extra width on the wheels, I expect to be close on rubbing.

I also ordered the RC 1.5" front level and RC 3.5" improved angle upper control arms. Without that extra 1.5" (plus a little more with the RC UCA's according to my local guy who installs these), I would rub for sure, may still a bit.

I did/do like the look of the Fuel Rouge 709 (all black wheel) better than the Contra 437 (also all black wheel), but the Rouge 709 do not come in 18" wheel sizes, and they were also out of stock. I did want to stay with an 18" wheel this time around (normally go 20x10) as I think more tire/less wheel looks good on this truck.

I am debating doing the hood scoop you put on yours. I like the look, and can do it myself. But I am considering doing a wrap with gloss black color on the middle part of the hood right where the seams curve down (formula one style basically) instead of the hood scoop. I watched a YT video of another AT4 owner do his, and it wasn't that hard, nor very expensive, to do the hood wrap. I would definitely want to paint the outer part of the hood scoop if I went that route. Still debating on this mod, I have time to mull it over, no rush.

I have the front two windows being tinted monday morning. Going 15% on those. Will also probably do a ceramic or graphine paint coating when the weather gets better - will do that myself.

I also bought the GM 4" round side steps which I will install next week. Also have on order a Bak Revolution X4S tonneau cover, which may take a few weeks to get here. Tired of having snow/etc in the bed of my truck and this will allow me to set up a much more organized way of keeping my tools I keep in my truck.

Since I am a contractor, I am looking for some thinner, but tight fitting, seat covers for my front seats and probably a bit heavier neoprene type cover for the back seats. If I don't, I can guarantee my seats will look worse for wear given my occupation - all but impossible to keep seats nice on the job site. Hard part will be finding the seat covers that don't look like arse, lol.

Much of this I was able to decide on from your posts and YT videos - I appreciate your input here and on YT! Thanks!

Wicked - I have on order 18x9 -12 offset Fuel Contra 437 wheels with 285/70R18 Nitto RG's. I had hemmed and hawed on wheel choice, actually originally went with Fuel Rouge 709 20x9 +1 wheels and 285/60R20 Nitto RG's, but my local tire guy called me back after I put in the order with him and said his tire supplier said the Fuel Rouge wheels were out of stock and probably on backorder for a while, so I went with the Contra's that you have on your truck. I have a smaller tire than you do (mine will be 33.7" tall vs your 35's), but with the -12 offset (not quite a half inch) extra width on the wheels, I expect to be close on rubbing.

I also ordered the RC 1.5" front level and RC 3.5" improved angle upper control arms. Without that extra 1.5" (plus a little more with the RC UCA's according to my local guy who installs these), I would rub for sure, may still a bit.

I did/do like the look of the Fuel Rouge 709 (all black wheel) better than the Contra 437 (also all black wheel), but the Rouge 709 do not come in 18" wheel sizes, and they were also out of stock. I did want to stay with an 18" wheel this time around (normally go 20x10) as I think more tire/less wheel looks good on this truck.

I am debating doing the hood scoop you put on yours. I like the look, and can do it myself. But I am considering doing a wrap with gloss black color on the middle part of the hood right where the seams curve down (formula one style basically) instead of the hood scoop. I watched a YT video of another AT4 owner do his, and it wasn't that hard, nor very expensive, to do the hood wrap. I would definitely want to paint the outer part of the hood scoop if I went that route. Still debating on this mod, I have time to mull it over, no rush.

I have the front two windows being tinted monday morning. Going 15% on those. Will also probably do a ceramic or graphine paint coating when the weather gets better - will do that myself.

I also bought the GM 4" round side steps which I will install next week. Also have on order a Bak Revolution X4S tonneau cover, which may take a few weeks to get here. Tired of having snow/etc in the bed of my truck and this will allow me to set up a much more organized way of keeping my tools I keep in my truck.

Since I am a contractor, I am looking for some thinner, but tight fitting, seat covers for my front seats and probably a bit heavier neoprene type cover for the back seats. If I don't, I can guarantee my seats will look worse for wear given my occupation - all but impossible to keep seats nice on the job site. Hard part will be finding the seat covers that don't look like arse, lol.

Much of this I was able to decide on from your posts and YT videos - I appreciate your input here and on YT! Thanks!
What seat covers did you end up with? Having a hard time picking some, as well.

What seat covers did you end up with? Having a hard time picking some, as well.

None, yet. Been too busy to have time to buy any or have time to install if I did have them. Literally been working 7 days a week for 6 weeks now (solely doing the entire finish work from bare drywall on a 2000 sq ft house - almost done), so have had to put off that decision. But I am pretty set on getting the Rough Country full set, at $200 and the various video reviews on YT I have watched, they look good.

They will lessen the niceness of the heated/cooled seats and the massaging seats, but they will also protect these very nice seats. I will post a thread here most likely when I do end up getting them and installing.

Most reactions

Back