Problem shifting

Bigdaddy

Reaction score
Have to take my 2020 at4 3.0 duramax to dealer today and drop it off. It is shifting very hard in the first 3-4 gears. Upshifting seems like it is slipping real bad and when you stop and it downshifts when it gets down to the lower ones it jerks really bad. Not sure what it is, they said they didn’t have a transmission tech there till Tuesday. Has anyone heard from f this before because they told me they have never had any issues with the 10 speed transmission’s.

No I was in 2high never been in 4x4 yet. On the way to the dealer to leave it yesterday I had to pull over and turn it off then start it back up. It would not run in drive I had to use manual and try and shift it myself and also the check engine light came on but I didn’t stop and get it checked to see what it said I was just trying to make it there.

UPDATE…dealership called today and said that the transmission tech drove it and seen what I was talking about so he dropped the pan and that there was metal shavings/pieces in the bottom of the pan. Now they are waiting on email from his boss I guess to see what to do next. I am thinking they should put in a brand new transmission. What does everyone else thank?

Sorry to hear you are having problems, it doesn't matter what I think, its more about what GM will do to get you back on the road as soon as possible. Replacing the transmission would be the quickest if they have one but if they don't it will be some more waiting as usual.

Well……They are replacing transmission. Said they had one in stock and had already started tearing it apart and hopefully would have it back together by Friday.

Most reactions

Back