Noisy Leafs?

Rdnkcaddy

Reaction score
I'll start off by saying that I love my AT4X. There's just been a "clunk" from the rear that's bothering me. It only happen when running over an off center bump like a speed bump or turning in to a driveway. So I dropped it off at the dealer (it only has 1500 miles on it) and they said it was loose u-bolts on the leafs. I've heard that happening around so I was like ok, NP. Hopped in and noise still there. I got up underneath and pushed around the body from below and it seems like it's coming from the driver side leaf. Any ideas? I'm taking it back but I'm curious what it could be.

Ah never mind, I should have searched the forum. I see this is a known issue. I'll have to lean on the dealership I guess.

Ah never mind, I should have searched the forum. I see this is a known issue. I'll have to lean on the dealership I guess.
Never had a clunk until 2000 miles and now I have been hearing on very slow turns what sounds like suspension to body groan or perhaps the clunk youre referring to. I checked and tightened the tonneau cover bolts yesterday which I installed the week I got the truck. Just went for a drive and its not as loud or evident as before. I got under the truck but did not have long sockets for the ubolts. I'll have the dealer tighten them when I visit to have the putco taillight strip installed.

Back