New to the forum and Lift question

BarE

Reaction score
Picked up my 2021 AT4 with 3L this past week.

Most are looking to go higher with more clearance for larger tire/rim packages.
I am considering taking 1/2 to 1" off the rear to level the truck (mill the blocks down to get the appearance where I want it).
Driveline geometry (angle of drive shaft) should improve, but what am I missing in my thought process?
21 gmc at4.jpg

Last edited:
I can't really think of anything, it should work out just fine. I mean the rear lift is really simple in itself. Should look good as well, let us know how it turns out.

Good choice reverse leveling it. Go for it, you don't seem to be missing anything. If I were to level a truck, that is what I would do. But I like trucks being raked 😁

I decided against the reverse level. Went with 2" more in the front and Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35x11.5x20 on the stock 20" rims. Measuring 41 1/4" to fenderwell front and rear. Just picked it up this afternoon. More to come on mileage impact.

IMG_2699.jpg

Rough country 2" additional installed by dealer and was told that would not void warranty. Regular driving, speed bumps, driveways, full turn - no rubbing. I am taking it to our farm over the 4th weekend and will put it through the "ditch" test to check the clearances under suspension compression.

I wondered that same thing when I picked up the truck from the shop because I was definitely not looking for that "squatted" look. Tape measure to fenderwells indicated it was very close to the same measurement. Front measurement was 1/16" higher than rear measurement. Measured on concrete floor going through center of the wheel and to inner lip of the fenderwell.

Dealer installed Rough Country 2" and indicated it would not void warranty.
Rides as well as stock. Takes a little getting used to with the rake eliminated. Will have to use the down button on the HUD to bring that where you want it in FOV.
With the level and the 35's, I lost about 1mpg.

If my truck ever arrives, I think I'll level with 1.5" which will come close to level and allow a bit of rear sag for any weight put in the bed. After all, its a truck.

I decided against the reverse level. Went with 2" more in the front and Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35x11.5x20 on the stock 20" rims. Measuring 41 1/4" to fenderwell front and rear. Just picked it up this afternoon. More to come on mileage impact.

View attachment 203
Your truck looks good. Any rubbing issues with the tire size? I know it's one of the most popular questions on here but I am really wanting to make the right choice. I want new rims too that are not stock, so I am thinking a positive offset of +18 to +20 should still work with the level?

Most reactions

Back