New here, AT4X

roy826ex

Reaction score
Just bought it 1-23-23, drove it from dealer to buy a license plate then home, drove it two times since once to go back to get the step bars, kicker and storage box installed. Has 157 miles on it. I work from home so no where to drive daily. Traded in a 2016 GMC Denali HD Duramax for it. No longer towing large toy hauler and hated buying diesel.

So far like the AT but it’s thirsty and I do not like the DFM system. Worrying about lifters already. No plans for the truck I typically keep them stock. I did delete my Duramax after the first problem with a DEF pump. No regrets doing that.

I don’t do any off roading strictly bought the AT4X based on the extras and it’s looks. If it’ll tow small trailers with motorcycles on it I’m good with it. Liked the regular AT4s but didn’t want a 3.0L Duramax engine they all seem to come with. I’m a white truck buyer I won’t touch another color. This white AT4X popped up on a Friday locally and I test drove it that Saturday and bought it on the following Monday morning. 8 miles after I test drove is all it had on it.

I hate the no navigation maps or I’m to stupid to figure it out. I have my google account attached to the truck but this setup is still not as good as my 2016 truck had. Everything else is connected like my phone and myGMC app. Hate I gotta pay a monthly fee to get navigation but that’s what they’re telling me. I won’t use that 3-4 times a year this truck sits in a garage. I only put 10k miles on my Duramax in the last 3 years working from home. That truck only had 85k on it and was 7 years old. It brought premium money on the trade in. Dealer sold it within 4 hours of it being on their website.

I like the AEV front bumper on the X.
CFD377E4-9996-45CB-ADE0-A55EF6DCEAAD.jpeg
Kinda glad it doesn’t have one on the back. I’m not a young guy and like the corner step cutouts on the oem bumpers. More questions to come…

Last edited:
Hate I gotta pay a monthly fee to get navigation but that’s what they’re telling me. I won’t use that 3-4 times a year this truck sits in a garage.
My 2023 AT4 included three years of connectivity and Onstar, which I thought was standard for the higher trims. Maybe it's optional for each dealer?

That doesn't make sense, though. I'd raise serious hell if they tried to charge me for basic navigation functionality.

My 2023 AT4 included three years of connectivity and Onstar, which I thought was standard for the higher trims. Maybe it's optional for each dealer?

That doesn't make sense, though. I'd raise serious hell if they tried to charge me for basic navigation functionality.
Yea mine said that to on the window sticker but when I contacted onstar they said it didn't have it. I'm still a bit confused over it.

Yea mine said that to on the window sticker but when I contacted onstar they said it didn't have it. I'm still a bit confused over it.
OK, you definitely paid for it. This is on the dealer to make it right. Time to raise some hell.

OK, you definitely paid for it. This is on the dealer to make it right. Time to raise some hell.
That may happen later today:mad: Onstar told me I needed to purchase a data plan the whole time I am on the phone I am staring at my window sticker which clearly says 3 years connected services.

That may happen later today:mad: Onstar told me I needed to purchase a data plan the whole time I am on the phone I am staring at my window sticker which clearly says 3 years connected services.
They told me that they are separate services- Google and Onstar.
Google- 3 years free unlimited data (that is where the nav comes from)
Onstar- short time free trial, a month or so, then gotta pay for it. On the set up call- same as you BIG pressure to buy package. Which I did not.

I will give ya first cheap install- get rid of chrome lugs and put black!
I don't even like the chrome on the AT4X badging and Sierra on the tailgate. Wish it came with the blacked out badging they sell for a stupid price.

I had to change out the antenna to a shorty already it was slapping the garage door opening top when I pulled in and out.

Ok the window sticker says 3 years of gmc connected services, 3 years onstar premium plan including remote access, safety plan, unlimited wifi data plan.

It would appear you get it all FREE for 3 years and the salesman needs a fat lip for wanting money😂😂👊🏻👊🏻

It would appear you get it all FREE for 3 years and the salesman needs a fat lip for wanting money😂😂👊🏻👊🏻
To his defense he is an older guy like me and has been very easy to deal with. He got my kicker system, storage box and even the BO step bars in and on just like he said he would all in one day. They gave me a Denali 1/2 ton that day as a loaner. I just put in a call to him to get back with me and see if we cannot figure this out.

Onstar wanted the extra money. lol

My invoice shows a $905 charge for 3yrs of onstar safety and security which includes navigation.

An AT4X should have all the connected data, etc. Sirius XM not included though. I don't really like or use Sirius XM, so no big deal for me on that.

But you shouldn't have to pay extra for things listed as included on the sticker.

Last edited:
Back