Need help ordering Sierra 1500 AT4 Refresh

Steveo

Reaction score
Received a call from my dealer today that they have the build sheets for the refresh(without prices)but they haven't been released to the public. I am looking at Sierra 1500 at4 crew cab,diesel, 5' box in red tintcoat or white.
Questions:
-18" or 20" tires? Since like most at4s it will rarely be off road I actually would prefer all season tires for quiet and mileage but that is not an option and I don't want the hassle of swapping them out
-It will come with the factory high clearance steps but that may not be an option with my 5' tall wife. Probably will have to switch them out with he type you can add on a drop step( like the Go Rhino RB20). Not sure if you can add a drop step to the factory steps.
-Looking at paying MSRP with no forced dealer options and that is probably the best it is going to be for awhile.
-Any advice will be appreciated.

Received a call from my dealer today that they have the build sheets for the refresh(without prices)but they haven't been released to the public. I am looking at Sierra 1500 at4 crew cab,diesel, 5' box in red tintcoat or white.
Questions:
-18" or 20" tires? Since like most at4s it will rarely be off road I actually would prefer all season tires for quiet and mileage but that is not an option and I don't want the hassle of swapping them out
-It will come with the factory high clearance steps but that may not be an option with my 5' tall wife. Probably will have to switch them out with he type you can add on a drop step( like the Go Rhino RB20). Not sure if you can add a drop step to the factory steps.
-Looking at paying MSRP with no forced dealer options and that is probably the best it is going to be for awhile.
-Any advice will be appreciated.
If you go with 18" tires you will have some serious ground clearance issues 🤣🤣🤣. But seriously, go with the 18" wheels. Ride quality will even be better (y)

If it has the same 20in wheels as the 2021's, go with the 18s. The 20's are hideous looking (Sorry). Mine came with 20s but I couldn't stand how flat looking they were. Traded with another AT4 who had 18s.

I was thinking 18 also since no extra cost and tires are cheaper. Just thought the 18 Duratraks would be noisier and poorer mileage.

Mine came with the 20’s and had Bridgestone duelers AT tires on it. Looked like a road tire. It was quiet and good mileage.
the 18’s I traded for have the duratracs. They are louder but not much.
6F84069F-B78C-47C3-BC35-C372D742D407.jpeg

1B7F04B5-6150-4347-8A5D-87975AA08A34.jpeg

I have had the AT4 vs Trail Boss debate in my head for awhile. I like the TB black wheels but not real keen on all that black up front. Once you add leather and an optional engine to the TB the price difference is not that drastic between the two.

I have had the AT4 vs Trail Boss debate in my head for awhile. I like the TB black wheels but not real keen on all that black up front. Once you add leather and an optional engine to the TB the price difference is not that drastic between the two.
I bet it isn't that hard to get a set of TB takeoff wheels... Would love to see an AT4 on them!

Most reactions

Back