Muffler change only.

Looking for a stock muffler for my 19 Denali 6.2. I put an aftermarket one on and it's to loud. If anyone has there stock muffler and want to sell it I'm interested, Thanks
I have a stock one off of my 2020 5.3. Would that work?

Previous owner on my 20 6.2 AT4 had straight piped the truck. I followed another members advice and could not be happier with the Corsa muffler. A little growl on start up, no drone, quiet around town and on the highway, some moderate growl when you get on it, but nothing obnoxious. I am very pleased.

See my previous post in this thread for the part number.

Looking for a stock muffler for my 19 Denali 6.2. I put an aftermarket one on and it's to loud. If anyone has there stock muffler and want to sell it I'm interested, Thanks
I have a stock muffler off my 2023 6.2 AT4 500 miles of use.
Btw I installed the Borla ATAK and think it is too loud, may try the touring version.

Attachments

• IMG_20230928_170406.jpg
    IMG_20230928_170406.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20230928_170413.jpg
    IMG_20230928_170413.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20230928_170516.jpg
    IMG_20230928_170516.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Let me double check with my local exhaust shop. I can’t see why it wouldn’t fit. What do you want for it?

I added the Borla S crate muffler 400843 about 1 week ago. I didn't want to go with the ATAK muffler and glad I didn't. It would have been to loud for me. I could not find many if any videos on youtube with this muffler, but I reached out to Borla and they said it would work, just wouldn't guarantee no drone. I cut out the flappers and left the resonators. It def woke up the sound of the 6.2. Maybe more than I expected. Still trying to decide if I am going to keep it this way or add the touring addition that goes in front of the muffler to bring the sound down. I don't feel that it has much drone at all unless you are going up a hill at 70 mph or more. Just cruising I do not even notice anything but a little rumble that goes with the muffler. I purchased off of Jegs, signed up for the email and got $20 off of $200+. I also have the Pulsar so no 4 cylinder mode to worry about.

Hello, my previous AT4 had a Flowmaster 71419 and it was quite annoying. It sounded pretty nice (no where near a catback of course) but the drone was too much for me. I now have an AT4X and going with a Borla ATAK!

I’m going to throw this out there… I’ve had a ton of them Borla, etc. This spintech 6000 beat all of them and cost 150 bucks…

Attachments

• IMG_8644.mov
    22.9 MB
I'm looking for a little more low end growl for my new 2023 AT4X 6.2. Nothing dramatic. The stock sound is so quiet, I can't even hear the engine, inside or out. Don't want to shell out 2K for a complete catback system from GM. Have looked through all threads here about muffler swaps, most are about the factory Borla catback system. Straight piping/muffler delete is too loud, plus will have drone. Don't want drone.

Going through many Youtube videos, it seems a Flowmaster or Magnaflow are the most likely options. I would try just a Borla Touring muffler, but can't find just a Borla Touring Muffler, every link when I google is for the full Borla catback system

I am leaning towards Magnaflow. I realize it initially isn't much louder than stock, but still has more low growl/rumble. I just want a little low rumble and bit more aggressive sound, but not obnoxious. And supposedly after a few thousand miles or a few months the Magnaflow breaks in for a bit more volume, but still no drone. The flowmasters - which I know are now made in China - have more growl and punch, but also sounds like they do have some drone at hwy speeds. I was thinking Flowmaster 40, flowmaster 50 or flowmaster FX. All 3 sound good, but again concerned about hwy drone, so leaning towards the Magnaflow as everything I read and have watched on YT says no hwy drone with the Magnaflow.

Any input or suggestions would be welcome! Anyone who has done just a muffler swap taking out the stock muffler for an aftermarket please chime in with your experience. Hwy drone level is my main concern. Also wondering if I do this, if I should have them cut out the flapper valve or leave it in. I plan on keeping the resonators at this point, researching it seems deleting or covering up the resonators has a negative effect on fuel mileage.

Thanks!
Check out exhaust addicts on You Tube. Their videos will give you a better idea on route to go. You get hear the exhaust from in and out. Well put together videos when searching for the sound u desire. Applications for all different trucks/models

Back