Missing Chips on GMC Sierras

I got my truck in march this year and I have no heated seats, parking sensors, air cooled seats. Was told I will get a letter. Tell me this how can they build all these new trucks with what we are waiting for and not settle all of us first.

I did get some chips installed the week prior to Christmas. But even though I called both the dealer and GMC no one from either location reached out to me to let me know the chips were available for my truck. For whatever it is worth don't wait for them to call because I don't think they will.

So . . . I took delivery of my 22 refresh in Nov of 21 , of course No chips.
last week I get a red post card from the local GMC dealer service people ( had the truck serviced by them 6 months ago [ not the selling dealer] ) indicating that there is a recall I need to take care of right away; I thought it was the one about the lights staying on or something.
Today I was down there to schedule a service (12000 miles) and I showed him the post card and asked how about this also and he said well I need to order the parts and I said seat chips ? and he said Yup. should be here in less than a week.
We'll see.
Rog

Sucks that since we took delivery already and agreed to the later retrofit, we seemingly get put at the bottom of the list.

I made sure my truck had everything before I even considered buying it.
The only thing it does not have is the locking steering wheel.
thats fine with me.

We’ll, mine was an order. I could have squandered the 7mo wait, and the 0% financing, and incur a 6k drop in value of my old truck, and lose the price protected purchase which was 4.5k less than a 2023. Waiting in line for chips and not rejecting the order was the logical course for me. Just a bit annoying that there are bunch of trucks being shipped with the features and still no word on retrofits.

Anyone heard any updates about when we can expect the missing chips for the heated/cooler seats and back up sensors to start being put into the new trucks. Dealer told me they will treat it like a recall and have me come back in to get the chip installed when they are available. Would sure like to have my ventilated seats for summer.
Waiting for the same!!

Both the GMC dealerships in Colorado Springs said there was no issues with the seated heat chips and it would take one week to get them. I went in last week got it ordered and I’m getting it installed tomorrow

Got my letter yesterday. Called the dealer like it said. She said they would order the chip for the seats and let me know when to bring it in. Nothing for the heated steering wheel yet. She said they would reboot the front camera when it was in. Don't know why, it works great for the last year.

Got my letter last Friday for my seats they said they had to order parts. Taking it today to get heated seats air cooled seats at a later time and sensors and heated wheel.

Read an article that GMC started sending letters early this month to schedule their retrofit service. Anyone receive theirs yet?

I received an email and a notification on the screen in the truck they had the heated steering wheel modules ready. I went to the dealer and they tried to order it, but they said they were still out of stock.

Most reactions

Back