Irritating Horn

James III

Reaction score
So, this function is a PITA. When you get out of the truck to say, open a gate, key in pocket you shut the door and just in time for you to get in front of the truck….three nice, quick honks. Also does it at other times that are annoying. I asked my dealer to figure out how to turn it off when I went in for service last week and they couldn’t figure it out. Anyone come up with a solution for this?

Look under setting for alert when key left in vehicle and also the key removed when running settings under vehicle then comfort and convenience (May have to go one more step under door locks or something but I can’t recall and am too lazy to walk out and look lol). Make sure to turn them both off and you’re all set. It’s the first thing I’ve done to both my 20 Sierra and new 22 AT4X.

Can’t seem to access that menu in settings. I’ll consult the manual.

So it’s on your center infotainment screen. Click home and then settings and then vehicle and then lock, unlock settings. There are 2 setting there for the remote stuff. I’ll take a couple pics on my ‘20 that has the same set up and show you where to look.

So it’s on your center infotainment screen. Click home and then settings and then vehicle and then lock, unlock settings. There are 2 setting there for the remote stuff. I’ll take a couple pics on my ‘20 that has the same set up and show you where to look.
i was thinking I might be looking in the wrong place. Appreciated.
That was easy when I learnt how. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back