Interior door panel dents

MTRheadAT4

Reaction score
Anybody else drive with their arm up on the top of the door panel with the window open or closed?
My elbow is leaving dents on the panel from resting my arm on it. Might be the heat of summer, they seem to stay for a few days then go away and smoothen out to normal.
My dealer has filed a report but the fact that the dents disappear after a few days we are all puzzled as to whether the new panel would do the same thing so we are delaying the replacement for now.

Attachments

• AT4-doorpanel1.jpg
    AT4-doorpanel1.jpg
    436.7 KB · Views: 131
That stinks. I don't run my elbow there, so I couldn't tell you. But if it goes away after a few days, it may just be something you have to live with...or change where you rest your elbow.

I also get the dents in the same place. I do notice that they eventually go away but not exactly sure how long it takes. I'd say by the next day they are gone.

Turns out the location may just be a coincidence and there is a defect in the foam or cushioning of the panel. Went to work the other morning and came out to see these dents that were not there when i parked it the night before. Now they are along the top side over to the lock buttons where I rarely ever touch, and also one dimple below at the arm rest. I'm thinking it must be temperature or humidity causing them to appear and disappear. Or maybe it's just the dent fairies ;)
Dealer has been great to deal with so far and are going to replace it.

Attachments

• AT4-doorpanel2.jpg
    AT4-doorpanel2.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 85
  • AT4-doorpanel3.jpg
    AT4-doorpanel3.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 97
Huh? That is odd. I often rest my arm up there as well. I'll have to take a closer look and see if mine is doing the same.

Same thing here. Regardless of temp. Dents really dont "bounce back" so ive stopped resting my elbows on the door panel. Same with center consul, i rest my elbow in cup holder lol.

So odd. They said they would replace it, but it feels more like lip service at this point.

Mine is the same, but, I have noticed it in all my GM trucks that have leather across there. That is where I routinely rest my elbow.

Back