Install Banks I Dash 22 GMC Sierra 1500 LM2 refreshed

Andystoy AT4

Reaction score
I finally received the Banks I Dash, watched the online video and it installed quite easily. The I Dash comes with a flat cable which I routed next to the pillar (Suction cup windshield mount), carefully removed the bottom panel left of the steering wheel and the side dash panel. The cable drops in behind the side panel and exits a couple inches from the diagnostic port. I connected the cable to the guage, mounted the suction cup and plugged into the diagnostic port. When I started the truck the I Dash came on as expected and I now have a default screen.

I downloaded the I Dash parameter list for the 2021 Sierra 1500 3.0L so that I can select what I want to see prior to starting to program the various pages. Looking forward to seeing RPM, gear, EGT, Boost, IAT etc. soon.

The latest word was that the Derringer may be released by the end of summer. (August, September?);)
20220726_181329.jpg

Last edited:
After install I selected some parameters to watch on an 8 item display: RPM, EOT, ECT, battery voltage, lift pump pressure display as expected; however the Regen, % soot, miles since last regen etc. display a "yes".
I received a call from Banks saying that an update for the LM2 including the Refreshed LM2 should be ready in a couple of weeks. It will be posted on the website when its available.

The 2022 refreshed has an updated GMC communications system that is different than the previous version and requires a software update.

The Derringer is still in testing in California on different vehicles with the LM2 without a firm release date. :)

The I Dash 8 is a guage that can display almost every sensor (parameter) that the engine/trans uses including regen, soot load, distance since last regen etc. so if this is of interest to you it is a good value. It has a built in code reader as well so it can read and clear codes.

Banks will be releasing the Derringer in line tuner which will have 5 settings that can improve HP and torque without increasing the soot load or time to regen, The numbers have not yet been released but they have testers in the field in California and say the release will be soon. The I Dash is required to be run with the Derringer to be able to select the tune levels etc. The I Dash does not turn off the stop/start function etc. but it can correct for tire size on its speed display.🙂

Here is a pic of one of the stickers that came with the I Dash guage, almost looks stock?;)
20220815_153351.jpg

Gale Banks 80 years young and still going strong.(y)
Where are you getting the information about testing and possible release of the derringer? All I see is the same information that has been on Banks website for awhile now, with no new updates.

I have been in contact with their service department and do not have an update for the latest version of software for the idash (refreshed 22) and nothing more on the Derringer release at this time. 🙂 Hopefully both will be released soon.

I have been in contact with their service department and do not have an update for the latest version of software for the idash (refreshed 22) and nothing more on the Derringer release at this time. 🙂 Hopefully both will be released soon.
Ah, I see. I have been waiting patiently for them to release the derringer so I can install it! Hopefully they release is this year.

I received a beta version update for the IDash to work correctly on the 22 LM2 refreshed and it seems to show the diesel related features I was missing such as boost, regen, etc. No word yet on the release of the Derringer, maybe for Christmas??;)

I have the iDash and pedal monster. The pedal monster works as advertised but to be honest I don’t use it too much. The idash is cool. Main reason I got it is to be ready for the Derringer when it comes out. Can’t wait for that. I would really appreciate the idash update as I’d love to see boost pressure and regen. I also noticed the DEF level only displays periodically. When it works it displays the DEF level in 1% increments.

I received a beta version update for the IDash to work correctly on the 22 LM2 refreshed and it seems to show the diesel related features I was missing such as boost, regen, etc. No word yet on the release of the Derringer, maybe for Christmas??;)
What software version are you running?

I bought an iDash yesterday to attempt a manual regen on my wife’s 22 that was run low on def and sooted up. I updated idash to 1.24.0 then tried it. However, it was giving me an error to put the vehicle in park when it was already in park. So i started looking around and could not find soot level anywhere. Banks tech support was scratching his head too.

Which vehicle profile are you using? The lm2 20-21 was the only one I had regen options present. Dmax lm2 did not. Neither had soot level as a gauge option to add.

Is there any word on the Derringer's release? I have a feeling they are waiting for all the 3.0 emission issues are settled with GM before they throw this into the market so people/dealers dont blame Banks for the issues.

What software version are you running?

I bought an iDash yesterday to attempt a manual regen on my wife’s 22 that was run low on def and sooted up. I updated idash to 1.24.0 then tried it. However, it was giving me an error to put the vehicle in park when it was already in park. So i started looking around and could not find soot level anywhere. Banks tech support was scratching his head too.

Which vehicle profile are you using? The lm2 20-21 was the only one I had regen options present. Dmax lm2 did not. Neither had soot level as a gauge option to add.
My Beta version is 123.9 so your 1.24 should have all my info and more. At the bottom of the list of displays was a Banks suggested guage display and it shows DPF RG % soot and goes from a lower number to 100 and stays on 100 until the regen is done and than resets to something less than 20%. As far as I know the 22 R LM2 does not have a manual regen option and I haven't tried to look for one?

During the initial install there was a list of items you could select once you chose the truck version and you should be able to see the soot option that you can choose or if you don't need to play with it like me, I chose the default and it shows most of what I want. FWIW :)

Most reactions

Back