Hyperdip on Black AT4

Has anyone used the hyper dip on a black AT4? I am not a fan of the chrome and wanted to see what it looks like with the black on black look.
I used the Piano black hyper dip on my back emblem and it looks great. lots of light coats and then finish with 2 heavier coats and I used a heat gun to finish off the last coat, it helps lessen the orange peel.

hyper dip satin. I want to do the side emblems but time escapes me.
IMG-0089.jpg
IMG-0085.jpg

here is another thread on the subject...

here is another thread on the subject...

This was helpful. I had questions on how to keep the red in the AT4 badging too that this thread answered. Thank you!

I did the same as above and removed the hyperdip to just show the red in the GMC and think it looks great. I was going to replace with the GMC black emblems but glad i went this way first. I need to try and do the fender vent emblem as well or i might buy the GMC version as i like how the duramax is in red and don't think i can peal that out if i hyperdiped it.

I did hyper dip on my rear GMC/Sierra/tail pipes and then AT4 emblems all around. The 4s are extremely hard to carve out the red prerply so I eventually replaced the AT4 emblems with the OEM black and Red ones.

Attachments

• IMG_0082.jpg
    IMG_0082.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 55
Has anyone done the top of the side mirrors to take the shine off the black? I am using the matte dip and thinking about trying it so the whole truck is matte.

Has anyone used the hyper dip on a black AT4? I am not a fan of the chrome and wanted to see what it looks like with the black on black look.
I went with overlay emblems I found on eBay I believe. I like the red so I kept it.

Attachments

• IMG_2818.jpeg
    IMG_2818.jpeg
    363.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2817.jpeg
    IMG_2817.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 45

Most reactions

Back